Pots direction the floor or on something?

I’m a new guy here…Been reading and learning…I’m setting up my first grown tent…I’ve always read so not set your pots straigh on the ground especially on concrete I’m guessing due to temp…What do you guys suggest ?My thought was something like an milk crate.Air being about to get to the bottom of the post help with more stable temps within the soil?

3 Likes

I simply built a wooden table with exterior grade plywood to get plants up to a better working height.

6 Likes

Most use pot risers to prevent the run off during watering or feeding from wicking back into the medium. It’s a bonus to get them up to a comfortable working height but this takes a back seat to preventing run off wicking back into the medium :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

If in a tent milk crates will take a foot of valuable space.
I like an elevated rack to sit the pots on with runoff catch trays underneath.

4 Likes

Love the milk crate idea! Nothing solid to block air flow! And runoff will drop through!! Thanks @beardless great idea!

4 Likes

$20 on amazon for these risers. Have enough parts to make 2 more. Can make one bigger decorative things too. Kinda like K-Nex toys. Milk crates will work also…

4 Likes

I use living soil myself. No real runoff at all. I floor them unless I have big discrepencies in heights then i have 5.00 step stools from Dollar general to even them out. Dont step on DG stepstools. At least if weigh more than 50 pounds…lol.

1 Like

I kept these small enough I can take them out and put them on the caddys with the trays. All the dirt on the floor is from knocking my solo cup auto over. Managed to save her and planted the cup about 1/3 of the way into about 3/4 gallon of Roots Organic. Am I cheating?? :laughing:

Nice Phalaenopsis!

1 Like

Thanks! I get them for my wife, but she kills them in two weeks or less. I’ve kept this one alive almost three months i think. Maybe longer. Just giving it runoff mixed with water 50/50.

1 Like

These are relatively cheap and easy. I have 2 different styles and sizes, if you order nake sure they are large enough for pots you intend to use.