Potency: Homegrown vs Dispensary

So I’m a few days into curing after my first grow, and I’m shocked by how potent the herb is when I’ve done a few tasters. I just kind of assumed that it wouldn’t really compare to dispensary stuff that’s grown by professionals, but my experience has been the total opposite…and it’s certainly not because I’m some masterful grower – buds are pretty airy; fair amount of popcorn; fought some bud rot so had to chop a little early; etc. But even still, I feel like the product is generally quite a bit stronger than what I get from medical dispensaries. I’m guessing it’s because my buds are handled a lot less frequently, aren’t going through packaging process, etc. – and thus maybe the trichomes hold up better on the homegrowns? Whatever the reason, it’s been a really pleasant surprise!

4 Likes

Professional.only means you get paid for doing it.

5 Likes

Welcome ! if you continue to grow it will only get better and better. The majority of the Growers here are growing for personal use and shooting for quality first.
Good luck with your next grow.

5 Likes

Well said. Even if i do trade a bag for a “donation” id never give anything i wouldnt smoke myself.

5 Likes

Yeah I always put a little aside to give away.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I can’t wait to share some with friends and family. I’m like a proud parent. lol

3 Likes

The best is when they ask where you got it and you tell them you grew it

5 Likes

I recently gave several zips to a friend…he will not go back to the dispensary.

6 Likes