Potbound Pre-flower, what do I do? Yellowing leaves

Yeah and I know roots don’t grow as much in flower but I just feel sorry for her now that she is literally just a big ball of root.

2 Likes

Ya she should flower really nicely for youbtho

2 Likes

I looked at the Freedom Farms website and don’t see any product called Coco Craft. I did look at the 2 products (I ignored the seed starter, assuming you aren’t using that) and basically they sell products that are a mixture of coco, worm castings and compost. The two I see are:
Organic Classic (has enough nutrients to get you through a few weeks of veg)
Formula 1 (requires nutrients from day one)

Which of these are you using?
Depending on how much coco is in them, you might need to feed them every day. In straight coco, you definitely would.
I’m not familiar with Biobizz, so perhaps someone else can comment on it. You can still give it plenty of nitrogen (basically your vegetative state mixture) until the stretching period is over.

Yeah I’m sure she will, just want to sort her out. All my other ladies are really spectacular. But they are older and are in 60 liter pots(16gallons about)

3 Likes

I’m with @Cyle1. Up pot and you should notice a big difference in growth. :wink::+1::v:

3 Likes

I also recommend a transplant. Should be able to do fairly easily with a root ball if that size. It should stay together. You can transplant into more of the same media, it seems to be doing well.
Realistically if you wanted to ride it out in that size you could, you’ll probably be stuck watering every day though. As it transitions more into flower, you may have PH change, having additional media will assist with that.
She really looks great for being in that size for that long.

6 Likes

Thanks, I also think I should. She isn’t too far into flower so I think she will be okay.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will definitely repot her later when it gets cooler. It’s so tiring to water her everyday compared to my other ones that need water every 3 days…
But overall I think she’s healthy except her being potbound, which also probably makes her struggle to get all the nutrients she should be getting…

4 Likes

If ur in coco u can end up watering 2 times a day. I do. I’m in coco also. I wouldnt recomend a transplant while in flowing that would stress her out I would just ride her our and up my watering schedule

1 Like

@Covertgrower adn @Killadruid have you covered. I don’t have experience with coco or transplanting at that age and was hoping someone with those experiences would weigh in.

2 Likes

I water all my flowering ones in coco every day also about to have to water 2x a day on my payote critical

2 Likes

Here are the ingredients to the mix I have been using
Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Compost, Perlite (10%), Vermiculite, Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone Meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran, Organic nutrients

The Biobizz range is an organic nutrient range

1 Like

@MidwestGuy I’ve transplanted about this stage before, and you’d be surprised that the roots will fill out very quickLy into the new space if they really need the space.

2 Likes

Yeah the watering often is one thing that I can live with, but she is super potbound and I think it’s negatively impacting her at the moment. The yellowing leaves this early are worrisome and I’m not sure she can get all the nutrients she needs with her just being a big ball of root?

1 Like

Keep in mind that she is quite the mature lady, and it’s not uncommon for her to have a few lower leaves die off due to lack of light on the very bottom. Think of it as natural maintenance. It’s when it spreads past just a couple leaves here and there is when you have a serious problem.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how they fill out. I usually flip at 7 weeks and have used 5-gal pots or bags since I’ve started growing again. I’m going to extend my veg times starting with my next grow and have put the veggies I have now in 10-gal bags.

1 Like

How often are u feeding? What ppms?

Yeah I do think it’s more than a few leaves. I have plucked of many yellowing leaves and I think it more than her being mature. She’s also defolated properly so the sun does reach into the canopy quite nicely. I have even upped her nitrogen intake but still no success…

2 Likes

I always loose a few leaves at this stage I have a plant I’ve had since September that I didnt transplant and she is flowering wonderfully

see the one in the middle.

7 Likes

This reinforces the thoughts on transplanting.

4 Likes