Potbound Pre-flower, what do I do? Yellowing leaves

Hi everyone, so I am in abit of a dilemma…

My Green Gelato outdoor plant is still very early into flower(preflower) and I have noticed that a few of her bigger leaves are going yellow and I know it is too soon.
I give her more than enough nutrients so I don’t think that’s the problem.
She is although very root bound and I am conflicted on if I must rather transplant her now or leave her. She needs water almost everyday now in her 20 liter pot(5.2 gallon)
I have added some pictures for reference. Also if you think it’s something other than her being root bound please advise as I just can’t seem to find an answer.

Thanks!

6 Likes

@dbrn32 @Oldguy @Cyle1 @finnmagicflower @

Just a heads up these guys will want you to fill out a support ticket including things like strain, medium, lighting, temp, ph all that good stuff. I know im forgetting a few things so list as much info as possible lol.

1 Like

You’ve posted a couple of pics of newer growth. Newer growth will always be a lighter color that older growth and will darken over time.

Progressive upward yellowing can be a sign of nitrogen deficiency. It will be helpful to have a support ticket, as TegrityAl has suggested.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
• Indoor or Outdoor
• Light system
• Temps; Day, Night
• Humidity; Day, Night
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
• Co2; Yes, No

2 Likes

*Strain : Green Gelato clone

• Method: Coco craft soil mix(freedom farms)
  • Fabric pot, 20 liters(5.2gallons)
  • PH of nutrient Water: 5.8-6.1
    *Outdoor grow
    TEMPERATURE: depends, between 24-33 celcius average (South Africa)
    *water is always declorinated
    *Full Sun 9 hours per day
    *nutrients: Biobizz nutrient range, biogrow, biobloom, fishmix, amino mix, worm castings
3 Likes

Thanks, yeah I posted the newer growth as to where she is in flower and if it is possible to transplant her. The leaves that are yellowing are mainly older leaves.

3 Likes

Starting at the bottom and going up

1 Like

How long you been in veg

1 Like

I got the rooted clone in like the beginning of December…

2 Likes

Your plant looks healthy really healthy been in that 5 gallon long time

@imSICKkid what’s it look like to you

Yeah she has, started out as a tiny little clone though. Now I’m worried about the yellowing leaves. It must be because she’s root bound hey?

1 Like

I’m leaning twords rootbound @Killadruid what you think

Yeah cause she needs water like almost everyday and I always water her till she runs off abit. And she dries out so quick,plus I can feel on the fabric pot that it’s just roots. Now I wonder if i should transplant her now…

1 Like

Ya that’s what I’m not sure about seems early enough it it was mine I would very gently transplant but I’m no expert

Yeah that’s why I posted as I don’t want to do the wrong thing. I am also leaning to transplanting her carefully as I feel that she would be happier in the long run… But just want to be sure

1 Like

Deffinitly wait on another opinion

@imSICKkid told me something other day about how long to keep a plant in a pot in coco 5 gal 5 weeks 7 gal 7 weeks ect

Well damn, I am definitely over that limit. If I get the greenlight I’m gonna repot her into double the size. I still have lots of the same coco mix left to use.

1 Like

Awsome deffinitly way longer