• HLG 260
• Temps; 78F/68
• Humidity; 45/45%
• Ventilation system; Yes 220 CFM in a 2x4
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier Yes
• Co2; No

Age of plant: 5 1/2 weeks into flowering

1 Like

Still learning things but if it were me I would be thinking more a deficiency than an excess of either potassium or Phosphorus
Overall they look pretty good and as they age they will eat themselves so for me that’s normal progression.
Don’t know what you use to feed them?

I feed the Fox Farm trio plus calmag. I try to keep PPMs between 1000 and 1400.

I was wondering if it is normal too. It is seeding, so I’m wondering if that may have something to do with it.

Really not too bad for where you are in the grow. I like to support it a bit more than conventional nutrient lines let you but you still have a nice green color. Are you running cal mag? High intensity lights kinda make it necessary to.

2 Likes

That’s why the flower looked like it did. Probably the plant is going to die on you soon as seeds mature.

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve been disappointed in the plant. I have a blue mystic that is the same age and it is covered with sugar. There’s very little on this plant. I’m not even sure I will make hash out of it at this point with so little trichomes showing.

2 Likes

Yes. It gets 1 or 2 ml calmag per feeding (5 gal pot.)

2 Likes

My guess is it’s going to show all kinds of trouble as it’s immune compromised and sending all of it’s energy into seed production. I had a Sour Diesel seed on me and still have the (2 1/2 year old) flower in jars in my weed cupboard. I figure that’s a good place to store the seeds lol.

1 Like

That’s a very good point. The flowers have been stunted since it showed nanners, and so many of them came up so suddenly that it wasn’t really possible to pick them off.

I may just chuck it at this point if the flowers aren’t going to bulk up, ripen, and show trichomes.

I think I’ll go cut a piece off and look at it with the microscope.

I may just chuck the plant.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 It looks almost ready to me and doesn’t look all that bad under a scope. Will a plant like this ripen faster than an unseeded fem?

2 Likes

I had issues like that sometimes when I used the fox farm trio of fertilizers, usually from mid to late flower it would start and just get worse, solved that by moving on to Advanced Nutrients and never looked back.

Sucks about the nanners, I have one as well, got a clone from a friend that’s shooting nanners in late flowering. Moved her to another room and put a couple old blurple leds on her to try get her to finish up.

1 Like

Ive never seen a plant where every bud has banana’s. That sucks
What light are you using, I over dosed mine and hermied 4 in a row tell I pull the new light out and have 4 good plants since it.

1 Like

Your in good hands, but I wouldnt chuck it, trics look like there clouding up! But for sure check your Soil Ph! I use the rapid test for soil with the green capsules… not the best, I but got my ph issue fixed that way… meter said 7.89 but my soil tested at 6.5…perfect. I tested in 3 different places and depths and did an average… 3 days after I adjusted the ph in the water a growth spurt happened…I had to get a different meter. you may even think about flushing her/him and just adding finishing nutes to get IT to finish up… I’m one that if I can in any way keep a male till done IF I can make sure it doesn’t pollinate my crop. I’ve smoked seedy weed my whole life and now I dont have to but I still keep them …smoke is usually pretty good even if is a male. I know…I know… lot of people here wont do that and will hate i said that but… that just me… good weed is good weed…seeds or not for personal use… again JMO. Lol have a good one!

2 Likes

Yeah; they just focus on seed production and die.

2 Likes

HLGs. I have another plant at the same stage that is doing great. I’ve heard that Durban poison are prone to hermie when grown indoors.

1 Like

I’ve isolated this one too.

1 Like

I do have an Apogee light meter (PPFD) coming Wednesday. I’ve been a bit concerned about what you’ve raised, as well as my power bill. I probably do have too much light on them. I got HLGs a few months back and have kept a 260XL on each 2 plants in veg (at ~36") and each 1 plant in flower (at ~24".)

1 Like

We’re finding good results with these turned way down. I think @Not2SureYet did a C99/Durban Thai cross under an HLG 260 set at like 150 watts.

1 Like

I been lighting a 4x4 till third week after 12/12 flip with just a one 2x288 then add 4 cob’s and the plants doing well.
After my hermie problem I’ll never think more light is better. Right now I use 390W lights one per plant and get 1"-2" of air space around the plant in a 4x4

This is the plant only use 1 240 with the 4 cob’s about 3 weeks into flower.

Apogee I think is a local company here. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

From what I’ve read, the optimal levels (in PPFD) is 300 (seedlings/clones,) 600 (veg) and 800 (flowering.) You can go much further with supplemental CO2, but I’m not going there. I will calibrate to that when the meter gets here.

I’m 5.5 weeks into flower with them. The one is still doing great and has not complained about the light. No bleaching, nothing,… She’s absolutely covered in trichs. I do suspect that it at least contributed to my DP throwing bananas though.