Potassium? Cal mag defiency? Please help!

I’m using a photobio 680w in a 4x4. Currently at 14inches above the top on my highest plant. Using fox farm feeding schedule at half strength and have been doing 15ml of fox farm cal mag. And im using ocean forest and 5 gallon containers. Humidity is 40 to 50 percent temps 75 to 81, at night temp is around 70. Got a inline fan one going in and one going out and two oscillating fans. Watering every two days and feeding every other. Just not sure if i need to cut back on the cal mag or give it more or what. If anybody can give me any advice I’d be much appreciated. Ive tried to figure it out on my own but it’s getting worse.

Eevery

2 Likes

Kinda looks like a calcium deficiency. Got nitro burned tips as well. Keep a eye on ph/tds in and out. It will give more insight. Lockout can cause a deficiency even when given the right nutrients.

5 Likes

Yeah this defiently looks like calcium to me. And how do i know if im locked out for sure before i flush?

2 Likes

And instead of feeding i watered a day early and the ph was 6.7 and the ec was .6 , but it still had another day before i was supposed to feed again.

Check your runoff ph and tds. See how much shes eating. Make sure the ph is in range. Seems like that is a good amount of cal mag your giving. Have not used the fox farm version. Make sure to water to 15 to 20% runoff to help keep the salts from rising in the root zone

1 Like

More than likely calcium @Beeken1992. I grow in hydro and most plants I grow don’t need cal mag sometimes one wants more calcium. I had to add 4ml/gal this time because of this

This Herijuana wanted calcium. Doesn’t bother the other plants. I would just flush them with 2 or 3 gallons of water and they’ll reset themselves.

1 Like

Instead of a deficiency couldn’t it be an overdose? I thought CalMag dosage was 5 ml per gallon?

2 Likes

@Beeken1992 P.S. Welcome to The Club!!

1 Like

Very possible. As stated above, sometimes overdose can cause lockout. It looks like youve pushed her nitrogen to the absolute limit. Thise tips are pretty burnt. A lil is actually good imo but that looks like a bit much.

15 ml per gallon? Seems like a bit much. That 3 tsps right? I usually top out around 2.

All that said. If those lights are 680w at the wall, and efficient? AND AT 14 inches? Im sure they are eating in overdrive. And surprised half strength FF is cutting the bill lol.

1 Like

Yeah i figured it was calcium. And i was having them up to about 3.5/5 of of fox farm stength and then cut back to half. I was not watering enough at first near the end of veg and having enough run off i dont think. Shitty cause my first grow i had no problem but i had lime so i figured that and tap water saved me.

This blue haze is doing alright with it, but the super silver haze is doing the worst and the purple haze buds are small and no density. But the super silver has fat buds and dense. But i appreciate everybodys comments. This is the only forum ive posted at before and actually got some help. Thank yall

2 Likes

The Super Silver Haze I grew was a hungry lady! She ate everything I threw at her. Ppms in excess of 2k. N barely a burnt tip.

Some plants like a bit more, some a bit less. Gotta find that happy medium or feed different amounts.

Dolomite Lime is great stuff. Saved quite a few low pH’d pots around here

Yeah its done good till week 5. I need to start checking the run offs next grow. What should the ec or ppm be before i feed again? Like .3 ec? And im using r.o i was doing 3ml per gallon since veg. But i think im going into a lock out. And i threw a handful of lime on top a week ago. I upped it from 3 to 6 for the next feeding. I hate to flush in week 6 though. How many ml of calmag was you feeding?

1 Like

In flower? Not sure the ec… i believe 1 scales to like 500 ppms?

Like I said, ive seen runoff above 2000 ppms. Didnt skip a beat.

When is it proper to use this? Which circumstances is this called for? I’m guessing low runoff ph? I’m dealing with a mystery situation and checking things off a mental list.

I use this to keep my hydrangeas pink for my lady lol.

1 Like

Its a decent albeit slow acting calcium supplement.

But its primary use is low pH. Its a great stabilizing agent. Couple sprinkles and itll boost you from 5 to 6-7 range in about a week or so

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 what about adding to water beforehand? Would dissolving it speed up the intake?

1 Like

That im not sure of at all. Id stick with the sprinkle and scratch method just as it works fine.

@PurpNGold74 cool. I’m at the loop every coupla days point but I think there’s a lockout of sorts going on in my pots. Girls just aren’t drinking like they were before. I did a heavy flush on Sat with tap and then followed with a gallon of r/o full of all the goodies I figured I’d need to replace from the flush but the pots are still quite heavy as of today. They have been heavy at 7 day watering/feedings for a minute now. I don’t want to miss a feeding but damn I also don’t want to create a root rot situation lol. These b!tches are being fussy as all get out.

2 Likes

7 days? Go ahead and refeed. Assuming they are big enough and well developed… got pics?

1 Like

Not sure if you use fox farm. But im gonna have to flush. Im in week 6 should i keep using cal mag or what should i do? Im in a nutrient lock out im pretty sure.