Pot Size to Start

4 weeks, 4 days. My first auto grow.

4 Likes

Looks GREAT ! I just put my 1st seed in a Pot. Fast germinate time from Auto Flower. I am only going to try 2 plants inside for my 1st try. 2nd seed still in water and waiting for it to open up so I can Plant. So my 1st is under the light . I will post from time to time. I am retired so this is a fun project from start to finish. Hey, Question ? Did you or have you been putting anything besides water in your soil ? Ask 5 people and get 5 different reply. Just a soil additive etc. Thank you.

I use FF soil and only use water for the first 4 or 5 weeks.

My 4 autos at 34 days

4 Likes

Yea nice! I love em! Cheap , easy to plant out or in , easy to clean and store , lots of tie off points for training and they look like some spaceman tech shizzel under lights! . Attempting my first autos and wanted to check out what size is most recommended, thanks team

1 Like

Id say indoors 5 gallon. Or 7 gallon. 10 is too much for an auto and the plant comes out small. Might get bigger by looks but bud weight and all so far ive noticed better return from 5 and 7. Oxy pots do look sweet as hell. Thinking i should jave jusy got the 1.5 gallon ones to do my clone grow. They were only like 75 cents more than these cheapos

2 Likes

Sweet cheers @Mark0427 , have 5 and 7s , use 1.5s for my mummy plants , so easy to root prune n re pot , have had my big boy 52litres ( not sure in gallons) arrive yesterday to get ready for some outdoor monsters , be first time use of air pots outside for me.

2 Likes

Im liking them so far. I dont see any massive changes from fabrics to oxys but still nice. Im liking i think they will be able to be cleaned and reused. Fabrics are super hard to clean after the build up gets like salt hard on the bags lol.

1 Like

Nice yea I haven’t tried bags yet , they don’t twinkle my magpie eye like the air pots :wink: , watering can be a pain in the ass trying to block up holes as you water through, a mate on here blackmoon suggested sacrificing a collar and silicon up all the holes then wrap it around the pot to be watered , it works well and a great little hack thanks moony :wink:

1 Like

What u mean here blocking the holes. In the oxy pot?? If so why block them??

Only when watering, just helps the water travel down through instead of wasting it through paths of least resistance and out the sides of that makes sense ?

Serious question, do you guys really try to clean and reuse bags? As cheap as they are I’m considering them single use / disposable…

I did 4 bags i reused and they looked horrible half way thru the grow. The build up builds up fast after the first use and i had my bags looking damn near new. I just water my oxy pots ill water with a hose and pump.setup from 5 gallon buckets and have a descent flow where it dont build up.or tunnel. Ill do like a half gallon move to another plant. By the time i get all the plants i can hit them a second time. Ive never had water run out the sides of the pots on them at all and i have 3 so far

2 Likes

I wanna do auto pots but waiting til i find my house with a basement lol. Not wanting a mishap and flooding my house

1 Like

Have seen a few re use after a wash , does seem a little wasteful tho

Running autopots for the first time myself presently. My “coco experience” thread / journal if interested.

2 Likes

Yea right fair enough, it’s saves me a few minutes a plant really that’s all but in those few minutes I can have another bong lol also could be my soil mix , we don’t get your American fandangle cannabis soils here so either buy ultra hot stuff with slow release ferts or make your own , suspect it’s a bit heavy seeing as I’m the only egg that can’t seem to water my air pots properly

2 Likes

Tag me there im prolly following already tho. I follow alot some dont say much some i chat alot lol.

1 Like

@Leholf i mix my nutes thriw this bad baby in the bucket plug her in and watch her pee all over the coco. I control the flow just bending the tube to restrict the flow. Works great can get into tighter spots with it. U can have the ole lady get in the room and water and watch her bend over watering for 20 mins its gr8

2 Likes

Nice! Yea I should get onto one of those , have the pump from my cloner machine , plants are getting a bit big now for pulling out to water n feed . My missus saw in my shed for the first time in months a few days ago , lol 4 more grow tents n tanks sprang up since her last visit lol there no denial of my addiction now

1 Like