Pot Size and Type for Highest/best yields on an indoor grow

I’m in 3 gallon fiber pots and my plants are 4-5’ and look really good! FF Happy frog soil and growing perfectly. Harvesting very soon…

1 Like

[quote=“DoomSlayerBuds, post:1, topic:63590”]
4000 pro and a sonofarm 2000 pro series.
[/quote]n
I am just now looking at both of these lights. Trying to decide which one for a 2x2 unconfined space (open on all sides). Are both lights new for this current grow or have you grown with them before? Your impressions will be most appreciated.
I love it you have both in a 3x3. I also have a 3x3 running about 450W. Those two lights should rock those 9’.

1 Like

U shudnt need both of them to flower a 3x3…i have a 3x3 as well and use 2 sonofarm 2000s mainly for the play between lights…

1 Like

Sorry I should’ve been more clear, I don’t intend on using both in the same space. Just the 4000 in the 3x3, I’m getting the 2000 for a different space assuming the 4000 does what I need it to do.

1 Like

Yes, I just got mine. And I’ll let you know once I get to harvest!

2 Likes

I do not disagree that 2 sonofarms 2000’s is enough light. Then again, when you want to hit it hard late veg & early flower the juice is there if you have both a 4000 & 2000. Then, dim the 4K down when need be. Really max out its efficacy.

1 Like

I own a 400 sq. ft. bi-level greenhouse, vented, air circulated, with two heaters, built by the previous owner for his orchids-which I still keep alive-more or less. Lower level has two different height shelves. Without getting too technical (we have toured Colorado professional grow facilities and saw how complicated their set up was)
What’s the best way to utilize my greenhouse? Issues: darkness, possible too high temperatures. Thinking of Blue Dream.

I am curious if you use the dimmer on the Sonofarm and read watt draw with kill-a-watt meter.
I have run my SF4000 for a couple of weeks (like it very much) and finally got around to see how the dimmer settings match up with watts drawn. Not very well at all. Any setting below max is off. And, the lower the setting, the further off it gets.
These are my readings setting / watts. The good thing is the fixture rates out at what the max is supposed to be.
max / 400
min / 21
20% / 40
40% / 70
60% / 105
80% / 192
90% / 240
Thought I would bring it to your attention