Pot size and soggy leaves

Guys this morning I went in to switch off girls’ lights and they were fine. But an hour later Northern Lights’ leaves looked like they dropped a bit. Is it normal? Is she asleep? I water them every 2/3 days but spray them few times daily. They are 23 days from seed ( about 8 day veg). Also pot size is 27cmx27cm wchih is about 2.5 gallons. Is that not enough?? If not when should i transplant them? Kalashnikova is about 9’ or 10" wide and 3" tall

and NL is 6" / 7" wide and slightly taller than kalashnikova that was yestertay’s pic. Leaves all nice and up and that was an hour after I’ve switched off the lights and water them she looks sad :frowning:

Hey if it’s asleep then yea but wen the light come on and is still same but wait for 40min then check and if still same then give water

1 Like

Thank you… Will try that

Your plants are looking good. I don’t see anything to be concerned about. If you have the room to transplant into a bigger pot your plant you will be happy you did.

2 Likes

Well , you would want to water when lights first come on… that’s just a better practice… also you said that you were there to turn the lights off… your lights should be on a timer , it’s just to important…
Also the forth pic down from the top with the twisted leaf… looks to be slightly overwatered… so make sure that they really need water before watering… your soil looks like it might hold on to water pretty good and your plants are still a little small… might not need so much water… other then that they look good…
Best time to check on your girls is at least 4 hours after lights have been on , then you know for sure that there awake and doing what there supposed too… so it makes it easier to tell if they are happy or not…:wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for comming back to me. I do not water them to often and the pic was done literally minutes after i wathered them (light was already off). What about the pot size?

NL seems to be up now

I think i will have to. I can see the roots. Although I’ve just called the guy in a grow shop and he told me to give it another week or 2. What you guys think?

1 Like

It does look like you have a little time to gather what you need to transplant. You don’t want to let them get root bound, start to turn brown and die off. I like to use an earth box because it’s easy to water and impossible to over water. It also holds about 1.5 gallons of water in it’s reservoir. They are pricy though. I’m trying out the ten gallon fabric bags. I have one plant in an earth box and two in fabric pots to see which I like better.

I want to put them into one of those air pots. I hear they do good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Those air pot do the same thing as the fabric ones, they just cost waaay more

3 Likes

Oh i didn’t know that :slight_smile: will get the fabric ones in that case :slight_smile: as always thank you guys

Get 5 or 7 gallon pots. I use the 7 gallon ones and iv grown some monsters in them, roots completely filling out the pot

1 Like

Will do. Thats the plan :slight_smile:

Rule of thumb is…if the plant hasn’t reached outside of the pot by a few inches , then you dont need to transplant , even if roots are shooting out of the bottom of the pot…:wink:

I’ve grown plants 2 foot high by 2 foot wide in solo cups with no problems… dont buy into everything you hear…
You have plenty of time before you have to transplant… :wink:
I would go with 5 gallon fabric pots… unless you’re growing trees , there’s no need to go any bigger for an indoor grow… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thank you guys for all your help. I will hold for another week or so then

1 Like