Pot and roots ratio

Good morning. My plant is doing rather well today. It’s a photo period that sprouted on March 30th. So Ive just started week seven on Thursday.
My question is: I am in a 3gallon pot. How long can I go or how big can my plant get before it becomes root bound?
Come to think of it it’s in a fabric pot those don’t get root bound right?
Will it just continue to grow? Or will it just plataue once the roots get as big as they can? My friend “mentor” in this keeps telling me to let it grow for more yields.
Honestly I don’t even know the sex of it yet. The seed came from his last grow. We found it in the jars. One lonely seed

Yes I had it scrogged and I screwed up the other day and cut the scrog while pruning and haven’t fixed it yet so I went back to my other LST in the mean time

5 Likes

They’ll do great in 3 gallon fab pots, size of the pot, grow space and plant count are space related as in more space allows larger pots. I grow in 3 gallon fab pots with good results and limit 2 plants in my 2 x 4 set ups. Their old enough to show sex. Post some close up pics and the community can confirm male or female :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

Don’t you have to be in flower

1 Like

@OGIncognito
I was in a 2x2 but purchased another tent a 2x4 and currently this is bu itself. I have another plant that just hit veg stage like earlier this week it’s in the 2x2

2 Likes

I fimmed it two days ago the inner nodes are already shooting up. I transplanted this thing and the next day it grew leaves still. It’s critical from royal queen. It was a freebie :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No, photo period plants will reveal their sex around weeks 4-6 in veg. Many growers will plant multiple regular seeds to find females and cull the males. With feminized seeds the guessing and praying over the 6 weeks is eliminated :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I would limit 1 plant in the 2 x 2 with an early flip, they double in size when transitioning to flower. Height can be an issue as well if that 2 x 2 is 4’ tall :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

@OGIncognito the plant is by itself in the 2x2 there’s definitely no room for another one. The first one pictured. The one the post is originally about is in a 2x4

1 Like