Possible Nitrogen Deficiency?

Good morning guys, I transplanted my girls about 5 weeks ago. Yesterday I started to notice some yellowing on my top leaves. I thought maybe the light might have been burning them by it being to close, but when my friend came over and checked on them he told me I have a nitrogen deficiency. He let me know it was only slight, but that’s why the plant seems like green instead of dark green and that’s what the yellowing is from. I also fed them their first nutes this week (the day before I noticed the yellowing), which was fox farms Grow Big 6-4-4. Is this strong enough to correct my nitrogen deficiency or should I be using something stronger? I have only feed them once and before that they only were receiving water. My soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forrest. I also did a little research of my own and some suggest that if you see red stems on your plant that could suggest a nitrogen deficiency as well, I’ve noticed those red stems the whole time she’s been growing, but thought nothing of it. Is my girl going to be okay? Please drop any nutrient suggestions or general suggestions! And as always thank you in advance!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. If you would fill out a support ticket some of the great people on here will be able to help you better. Just copy and paste it to your reply and answer the questions. Have a great day!!

ccb77b8383bf00478e88641e71e00963c013c704.png

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

If in Ocean Forest you don’t need to add anything other than water for at least 4 - 6 weeks since the last transplant.

I would suspect nitrogen toxicity before a deficiency.

A completed support ticket will help us help you.

2 Likes

I’d say they look hungry overall. You say you fed them for the first time so, we’ll see how that goes for now.

Problems with mobile nutrients will start at the bottom of the plant. Immobile nutrient deficiencies start in the new growth.

Here’s a good YouTube channel.

3 Likes

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

NA; found these seeds around the house

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Fox Farm Ocean Forrest

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

5 Gallon Grow Bags Heavy Duty 300G Thickened Nonwoven Plant Fabric Pots with Handles

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

I’ve been using Distilled water, not sure the PH, should be neutral

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

NA

• Indoor or Outdoor

Indoor

• Light system

VIVOSUN Latest VS1000 LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301H Diodes & Sosen Driver Dimmable Lights

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08772CTK7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Temps; Day, Night

Day: Around 75 - 80 F

Night: Around 75 - 80 F

• Humidity; Day, Night

Day: Around 49 - 60 %

Night: Around 49 - 60 %

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

No

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Humidifier

• Co2; Yes, No

No

I don’t think it can be Nitrogen toxicity because when I did research on that, all of those plants were very dark green, mines is more lime/light green. The pictures I uploaded are hard to tell their true color. FF Ocean Forrest was used 5 weeks ago, so I am in the clear to add nutes now.

Thanks!

1 Like

Most assuredly. I believe you will see a turn around in the next few weeks.

1 Like

this video was awesome!! thanks man, maybe it has always had a N deficiency but I didn’t know until now. Hopefully this Grow Big will help them recover. It’s 6-4-4. Do you think that’s enough or should I try some RAW Nitrogen powder? I just don’t want to risk lowering my yield and slowing the growth by waiting

If its been in that soil for 5 weeks then id say yes give her a feeding and it will probably pick back up before it gets worse. I dont know these nutes tho sobe sparing on them til u see what they do to the plant. Maybe quarter dose or half dose at first to start

I’m basically a lazy man. Don’t get me wrong, I love the little babies and devote a lot of time and effort at that stage but, once they go into their forever home (large pot or the ground) all I usually do after that is feed and water.

Someone said that this plant was suffering from nitrogen abundance.

Since I wasn’t adding extra nitrogen and I was feeding at half strength, I figured someone was probably jealous.

I mix my own super soil. I use Happy Frog dry amendments at half strength. I use spring, rain or well water phed to 7. The only other thing I might use is some kind of Cal-Mag, but I can go a whole grow without it.

3 Likes

Beautiful plant by the way. It does appear to have a slight bit of n tox. Nothing bad at all but u can surely see yhe darker green and a slight shine to the leaves. Thats a call that she is getting a bit too much nitro at flower. Might wanna back off whatever has the n in it just a touch like i said it dont look bad but u can see a slight n tox there. The yellow veins is another tell tale of the darker green leaf. But atill a nice looking plant. How big is that scrog pic looks maybe 3x3 or so. My first grow i went nuts did a 4x4 scrog with a cheese photo plant under it. Came out 15 oz 3.5 gram dry weight but should have been more. Got new hlg lights and kept them low and on full blast 2x 260xls over this plant. She did no stretching in flower but the buds got fat and heavy as hell lol.

1 Like

looks BEAUTIFUL to me LOL, thanks for all your tips!

She was in a 4X4 tent. My first mainline of the year. I made a mistake while trimming her one day, waited two weeks for the plant to recover and then put her into flower.

I was pushing for a short plant and she was 18" at harvest. I got a little over 350 grams.

I got some bat guano, but I didn’t use it for this grow and I definitely don’t use it during flower.

That’s it. Nothing else goes in my grows.

My super soil is made up of 4 parts coco coir to one part Black Kow or worm castings (or half and half) and some perlite. I could move to quarter strength, but I see absolutely no reason to push the issue.

Where? If there were any yellow on my plants, Karla would have my balls in a sling.