Possible Japanese Beetle damage?

Hello, I have an issue with leaves turning dark brown, and then the same with the buds that grow from the same spot. My guess is it has something to do with Japanese beetles. Last year, one bud did this and I had removed a JB from the exact one. This year has been worse for the JBs, and I have a few affected buds. The pics are how the buds look now, and what it starts to look like at first. Any ideas, experiences, or suggestions?
Thank you!

1 Like

I had some blue dreams last year produce multiple purple nodes. From what I understand certain strains tend to produce different colors as well as cooler temps at night can bring out purple colorings…

1 Like

Do you feel this isn’t an issue at all? I’m leery of smoking it until I find out for sure. At least, I’d use it for cooking instead of smoking. Thanks!

Thats genetic! Its pigment, not unlike your skin.

4 Likes

@Cannabian is on it…I have a blue dream right now that I just found a purple node on while trimming, ill get a picture in a min!

1 Like

4 Likes

Under closer inspection this girl has purple spots all over her :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This is what I have going on. I think your just fine. @Cannabian has you covered😎

3 Likes

Looks like you are well taken care of here. I’d just add, usually the Beatles will actually eat the plant. There would be large sections of missing leaves if they were a problem.

3 Likes

@Bow4Buck…you beat me to it😎

1 Like

I’m all too familiar with the JBs eating the leaves, I pick them off daily from my pot and my food plants :frowning: I was reading that the purple (I’m obviously colour blind…lol) could be due to phosphorus deficiency. All the plants (2 strains) have a few spots of purpling, but are doing well anyway. I’m going to give them some coffee grounds as a precaution. Thanks for the info!

Get a pheromone trap for them, we dont have them here, at least not enough to be an issue. We do have Japanese inch worms! Those damn Japanese :flushed: they sent all their bad bugs here!

1 Like

Picking is better, those traps will attract them from miles around and make it worse :wink:

1 Like