Possible iron deficiency

thinking its iron, not 100%. Been watering it with 1 liter and jumped it up to 2 yesterday to fully saturate the soil and also gave her some nuts, used the wrong unit of measurement and put .2 ml an obviously cant water her again for a bit so how do i get her, her nuts? She seems to have enjoyed the watering cause she grew a good amount over the night and day.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed – Crop king seeds
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF – soil FFOF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths – 3 gallon fabric
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) ph. – 5.5 water distilled, no nuts. N/A
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable – N/A
  • Indoor or Outdoor-- indoor
  • Light system–600 hps
  • Temps; Day, Night Temp with that fan on/off goes to 24 to 30 degrees Celsius/ night 21
  • Humidity; Day, Night 20-65% depending on if fan is on/ would love some tips on this, having a hell of a time keep the RH proper.
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size 4" exhaust fan
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, no AC or de-humidifier
  • Co2; Yes, No --No

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s a darn thing wrong with your plants.

I would strongly suggest you do NOT use any nutrients at all until you reach flower or the plant starts to show an issue. FFOF is a HOT soil and has killed a lot of seedlings: it has everything your cannabis plant needs so additional nutrients just flirts with nutrient burn.

Distilled water doesn’t need to be PH’d as there are zero solids in solution to drive and hold the PH. Distilled water will instantly adopt the PH of whatever substrate you add it to.

8 Likes

@Myfriendis410 is right. Your plant looks amazing right now. But you do new to do something about the PH of the water. Your PH needs to be 6.3-6.8 going in and coming out.

The yellow on the top is normal for new growth.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410you have been so helpful on all my posts, thank you for that!!! No need to pH distilled water…wish i knew that earlier. dang. How can the pH be brought up than?

1 Like

pH up or will it just naturally do it with the distilled?

1 Like

It should adapt to your soils ph. Is that 5.5 runoff?

1 Like

Whatever your soil PH is; that’s what the distilled water will become. Also; testing PH with a PH pen into distilled is a waste of time. You will get all kinds of different readings. I’ve seen 9.0 and 4.5. Remember the PH meter measures electrical conductivity and converts the output into a display we can read. Pure water is non conductive so obviously you will get weird readings.

5 Likes

Yes. Be bringing it up next watering of course.

Awesome info yet again @Myfriendis410 thank you very much!

1 Like

Technically pH is measuring free H and OH ions. That’s why water (H-OH) is 7. No imbalance of Ions. PH is a logarithmic scale. More H more acidic…more OH more basic. TDS/PPM is testing conductivity.

3 Likes

Once you put nutes into distilled you can adjust away, as needed.

1 Like

Using pH perfect by advanced nutrients still need adjusting?

I’m pretty sure trying to adjust that is a no no. I’m not 100% sure because I don’t buy AN products, but seems to be mixed reviews from members here. Some love it, and others struggle. I think there’s a negative reaction between the buffers in solution and standard ph adjusters though.

There was only .2ml in it and it doesnt seem to have effected her negatively if anything helped but will not be pH adjusting again that’s for sure. You use super soil? First grow, super soil sounds complicated. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yeah; except the meter doesn’t do that; it “interpolates” the value (which is not necessarily correct, but there you go) from the electrical conductivity of the solution.

Not just any conductivity…only the differential H to a reference.

The design of the electrodes is the key part: These are rod-like structures usually made of glass, with a bulb containing the sensor at the bottom. The glass electrode for measuring the pH has a glass bulb specifically designed to be selective to hydrogen-ion concentration. On immersion in the solution to be tested, hydrogen ions in the test solution exchange for other positively charged ions on the glass bulb, creating an electrochemical potential across the bulb. The electronic amplifier detects the difference in electrical potential between the two electrodes generated in the measurement and converts the potential difference to pH units. The magnitude of the electrochemical potential across the glass bulb is linearly related to the pH according to the Nernst equation.

pH is short for power of Hydrogen

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, because you obviously know way more about this than I, but I thought PH stood for potential of hydrogen ions in water

1 Like

Yes, power or potential of Hydrogen

H+ (acid) balanced against the -OH(base)

1 Like