Possible Green Algae?

I am gonna throw this into my sketch… thanks!

1 Like

I was able to use this library with my sensor but don’t have an accurate reading from yet. It is showing a brightness value of about 1,100 lux which is way low. It should be over 8,000. I had to set the gain to low because it is so bright, I played with the integration times and got the highest reading with 100ms.

A step in the right direction though!

Thanks for info

Have you figured out how to pull information over Bluetooth yet?

I’d like to snatch some information from a few units

I am using the ESP8266 mcu which doesn’t have bluetooth, but I snatched this code from the internet. If it won’t compile you might need to download a library:

#include “BluetoothSerial.h”

/* Check if Bluetooth configurations are enabled in the SDK /
/
If not, then you have to recompile the SDK */
#if !defined(CONFIG_BT_ENABLED) || !defined(CONFIG_BLUEDROID_ENABLED)
#error Bluetooth is not enabled! Please run make menuconfig to and enable it
#endif

BluetoothSerial SerialBT;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200);
/* If no name is given, default ‘ESP32’ is applied /
/
If you want to give your own name to ESP32 Bluetooth device, then /
/
specify the name as an argument SerialBT.begin(“myESP32Bluetooth”); */
SerialBT.begin();
Serial.println(“Bluetooth Started! Ready to pair…”);
}

void loop() {
if (Serial.available())
{
SerialBT.write(Serial.read());
}
if (SerialBT.available())
{
Serial.write(SerialBT.read());
}
delay(20);
}

About to redo the whole main frame to adjust for adruinos inability to find files….

I can toss that in vb scripts and see what piles out

Back in my comfort zone now tho

Need a joint and some relaxation from blurry screen vision

1 Like

take a hit or two for me!

1 Like

Oh so after a good smoke I remember, I want to try to locate the Bluetooth module inside the ac infinity controller 67 so I can gain access to the sensors I have setup already and give read outs to hone assistant

I’ll let you know how that code you posted goes

Trying fit all these gadgets into one tidy setup

No luck integrating Bluetooth sensor into hone assistant using a passive BLE, I’m sure the functionality is there in just not up to par with the system quite yet. Will keep hacking away at it this week… anyhow I setup water monitoring system, just have yet to figure that system out as well

Seems like I can pull data using a reprogram sensor file as a .csv importer

I bet Home Assistant works very well with .csv files… I am guessing you can write to them too for historical data. And display some nice charts.

i tore apart a cheap amazon light meter for the filter and…case… added a tsl2591 with esp attached

my readings went from 1800 to 7,300… are you filtering your meter?

So I redid the meter and used one that was installed originally, I added a constant power supply and took away the battery packs which only supplied it for brief moments while on.

It’s now constantly measures and feeds raw data back

Only drawback is if it gets knocked offline I have to reinstall device every time

Wow! That is a huge increase. I had the same idea as you but hadn’t got around to trying it.

My thoughts is it might be less sensitive to direction with the domed filter.

I have calibrated my readings using my good LUX meter. I made 4 measurements with each at different distances from my light. Here are the results:

Capture

they were pretty close. The correction was almost dead on linear:

Capture

You got a picture of it you want to share?

So I had a better idea…take the chip I saw for a brief moment had some writing on the board I recognized as power/ground and data…a little tinkering and I’ve got it responding back for now but it’s Frankensteined like a sob

Hooked it to a esp32 and really just letting it do its own think while board keeps it powered

Haven’t fiddled with data inputs but they’re there to be used…eventually

It gives info to its home app and I’m trying to scrape data from there to the pi…

I had the same app working on pc so I know it’s possible

Haha… I love hacking stuff

1 Like

Make any sense? I think decimal is in weird place with tsl2591

Guess I could use photon as well to see what that’s reading

looks to me like the full and IR are swapped up… I believe you you should should swap the “infrared” and “visible” so that Full Minus infrared = visible. That should bring your LUX up to a reasonable value.

Your are gonna love this sensor, I am going to order both of these and see if I can build a true PAR meter.

Check these out:

AS7262 <— this one may be more accurate

TCS34725 <— this is a 4 channel one and was used for measuring PAR in ice, there is a peer reviewed paper detailing how they used it. Do a search for: New insights into radiative transfer within sea ice derived from autonomous optical propagation measurements

1 Like