Possible Green Algae?

It makes it easy to pull everything into one dashboard, hope they start working with each other soon

Those numbers say a lot about the buffering capacity of a good soil mix!

2 Likes

Well Iā€™ve got many thing running but they are really easy smart tools that want to be on the system.

Iā€™ve come across a stumbling issue recently with the tsl2591 tho. And itā€™s most likely meā€¦Iā€™m trying to use a esp32 micro controller to utilize the tsl2591 chip

Iā€™ve wired it properly

Vin - 3v power
Gnd - gnd ground

Then the scl and sda go to the 12c

Did you have any issues with initial logging into your board? Iā€™m getting some errors and Iā€™ve downloaded so many additional drivers and programs my head is spinning

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Error arduino feeds me when I try to install program is

Board at null is not available

Update- I didnā€™t have esp32 board manager libraryā€™s installedā€¦

Did the board drivers solve your issue?

Nah I picked up a huzzah 32 to see if itā€™s a compatibility issue

I found out the com port I was trying to use was not working properly. I donā€™t know if this is the issue but I started using a new one on my dock.

I fell into the loading camera feeds in home assistant over rtsp and hoping to get it done before workā€¦

I may also have a dead bolt in play that will function with code or over ip as well

be mindful that the server you setup isnā€™t the same as what your using to code withā€¦. If your system crashes so does your work

And you may or may not create something in python while trying to gain root access that makes your system delete itself and have to restore the entire server at 3 am

Only issues I had with ffof being new with seedlings is seeing a touch of yellow look as they grew. Not sure if it was due to a faster growth or from being in the ffof. It quickly grew out of the look within the first week of life never really seen burnt tips or anything and alot complained about that with ffof. Iā€™ve never had that issue. And for the record at that time I was newer and didnā€™t know better I started to feed GH nutes to some after 2 weeks old and the rest 3 weeks old to see if anything diff happened and nothing. Both reacted the same the ones that got a weeks more food did show a bit of a tip burn after a little bit but as long as it doesnā€™t progress or get worse u will be fine. A little nail polish on the tips is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it donā€™t get too bad or progress for too long all will be good.

Yes, crashes and hardware failures happen. At some point I want to build alerts into my software. Things like ā€œif the board hasnā€™t communicated in X amount of hrs send me a textā€ or if any other reading is out of wack.

Home Assistant is a completely different paradigm than what I am using. It looks to be a ā€˜all in oneā€™ solution for all tasks related to your system.

I use basically three independent pieces to make mine work. I program the board directly with C++ using serial port coms.

The dashboard is built with VB.net using MS Visual Studio.

I run a MQTT server one of my PCs that handles all the messaging between the board and my dashboard.

In the year I have been running it things have been pretty solid. The micro controller is completely stand alone and doesnā€™t need anything else to function. So if my server goes down all I loose is remote coms to the board.

Looks like you have been messing with Home Assistant for a while, this should give you a huge jumpstart for getting you going

Hi Mark, thanks for info. Sounds like FFOF can be a little hit or miss for seedlings. But nothing that would kill them and any issues they have will be shorted lived.

I am experimenting with starting in a quart size container instead of a solo so I can just do a single transplant to my final 3 gallon ones. I might think about a good flush on my seedling soil to tame it down a bit.

2 Likes

I worked in vb in late 90ā€™s early 2000ā€™s building stupid programs to attack aolā€¦

Thanks for that good laugh you just gave meā€¦ I need that. I hated aol

1 Like

No need to flush I donā€™t think just give it distilled or ro water if u add calmag make sure it is PhD proper. I believe it will come out of it. If I have the room and donā€™t wanna keep the plant small for x amount of time I like to start the seed on the final home as the rootball spreads more and faster thru the bigger pots from start than it does being transplanted. U will see a big difference in root mass between one planted in a solo or quart container and one that is planted in final home from start. I think the solos or transplants restricts the root mass by alot where as it spreads thru the whole pot in the final home from start. Idk maybe itā€™s just me but I see massive roots on the ones that are planted in the final home over ones that were transplanted as the transplants seem to have a solid thick middle and stringy roots thru the rest of the pot. Where as seeds in the only pot the roots spread from start from one end to the next this is just how I feel and what I see. Try and see for urself how the roots will be much different

I donā€™t know if I am brave enough to go directly into my final pot. I add to the FFOF to make it even hotter than it already is. I thought about trying to layer the soil somehow where the hotter stuff is farther from the roots and as they grow they grow into it and donā€™t get a shock. I do have a tendency to overthink things, but for me that is the fun of all this. Try something and if donā€™t work then try something else. Learn from failures and enjoy my successes

3 Likes

So do it mix and layer the pot fill the pot with the strong mix fill around a quart size we d container when u pull the container out fill that hole with some less potent mix. The seedling will grow into the mix and slowly make ways to the stronger parts as it ages and roots make it to that part of the pot. I did autos in ffof right into 7 gallon fab pots Iā€™d soak the pot down before I planted the seed after I soaked it Iā€™d let it set til no drips plant seed with some great white added in hole and left it til the pot felt light and dry then Iā€™d resoak the pot with PhD calmag water for several weeks all u will or should need is PhD calmag water then slowly add nutes at quarter to half dose to start and up the amount from there til u hit full strength

I just found it this weekend but Iā€™m a quick study and spent many hours reading and watching videos

Update- added camera monitoring using rtsp connection and Wyze cam. Gotta clean it up and move it to the ui but for now itā€™s a start

Each one will need to have firmware installed to be able to integrate properly

1 Like

Moving on up

Have to calibrate the meters still but itā€™s a step forward

The sonoff s31ā€™s are what make this all work! It can work as a timer and show output data as well.

The Wyze camera needed a firmware update to work as I needed to but you could use their app to do it and save a ton of time.

Anyone reading this can monitor your system and begin taking control and back their time with the peace of mind knowing thereā€™s no issue instead of racing to make sure

Wow! Look at all that cheese!! The camera is cool too. I tried a webcam in my tent but it reacted strange being right next to my LEDs so I ditched it. Great work!