Possible deficiencies? First time noob here

Hey guys and gals I filled out a support ticket before but can’t find it. Anyways I’m currently growing outdoor happy frog for my soil. pH going in is usually around 6.5 I feed Cal mag and roots organic TURP tea . Some of my leaves on this plant alone are turning this color. I was thinking it was a nitrogen deficiency but as this is my first grow I am not positive

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

• What strain, Clone wedding cake

• Method: Soil happy frog ocean forest mix

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Cloth grow pots 30 gallon

• PH of Water, 6.5 in runoff can’t measure

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution 800-1400

• Outdoor

• Light system sun

• Temps; Day, Night. 90/70-80

• Humidity; Day, Night not sure

• Ventilation system No

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, n/a

• Co2; Yes, No n/a

City tap water either bubbled or sitting out for 24+ hours

1 Like

Looks like a magnesium problem, how much Cal-Mag are you using and how often.

2 Likes

Earlier on it went into every feeding and watering now it’s been lower since I’ve been watering more frequently. I’ll have to look back in my notes to see when I stopped giving it so frequently

Really does.

Also really need to know those outgoing numbers. If PH is off you could be locking out the very nutes your feeding.

Yeah I need to get it up on a stand or something so I can get the run off maybe I’ll put it on a tarp as it’s in the ground right now. 30 gallon pot

Do you think I could just do a slurry test?

1 Like

Yes and a more accurate method to see what the medium is holding. Equal parts of medium and distilled water, stirred, rest for 24 hours and strain it through a coffee filter. What base nutrients are you using, the Happy frog is most likely depleted of most amended nutrients :love_you_gesture:

Well I caught run off 5.7 guessing I need some dopealime

1 Like

The dolomite lime will help raise and stabilize the soil PH. Its going to take a few watering/ feeding times to start noticing this, I would also go in with a higher PH for the next few cycles as well testing each run off :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks guys for the help

1 Like

I was using fox farms trio but I’ve recently switched to Terp tea grow 7-1-1