Possible Cal-mag issue?

So I feel like I can’t get this deficiency issue under control and idk wtf to do lol all of my cuttings are 6.5 weeks old all in HF OF 50/50 mix they all got transplanted into 5gal fabric pots last week and topped off with fresh new soil is this a Cal-Mag issue that im dealing with would greatly appreciate the help and info also seem to dealing with a little bit of nute burn also im using the GH Flora Ttrio just started using .5tsp per gallon i use primo water 5gal jugs mind you this is happening to all of my cuttings i jave in my 4x8

I do have Cal-Mag but haven’t started using it yet because I’ve heard if using soil you don’t need cal-mag

@The1stTimer Yes looks like a calmag deficiency, you can add calmag every watering. Happy frog and ocean forest already have lots of nutrients, so you probably won’t need to add any nutrients for a few weeks. Just do calmag every watering and you should be good, damage leaves won’t recover but new growth will be normal.

3 Likes

Awesome ill start with 3ml per gallon of water today and I gues ill hold off on starting nutes then also for a few more weeks sense I do see my tips are getting a bit of nute burn it seems I appreciate the quick answer @Dave101

1 Like

Start with 5ml to start. Once under control back of to 3

1 Like

Well good thing I’ve been trimming and jarring all day and didn’t have time to water will do 1st thing in the morning lol good thing pots where a bit heavy still also give them another full day to dry out so they should be thirsty come morning

1 Like

Hit her hard to begin to correct the problem quick as possible. Then back off and use for maintenance. Peace

1 Like

What is your soil PH? If out of range that can cause issues with nutrient uptake where those nutrients are in there but the plant can’t use them due to PH being out of range.
Does look like magnesium (inter-veinal chlorosis) and calcium (brown spots in random middle of leaves. I’m also seeing a potassium issue where the side edges Of leaves are browning.

Soil may or may not have enough calcium or magnesium or whatever in there it depends on how the soil was made/mixed with and also how long what’s in there will last.
Again Ph out of range can cause deficiency even if those things are present

I allow my ph to fluctuate between 6.3 to 6.8 I test my runoff every watering to keep track

That’s a great range for your PH
I don’t use chemical nutrients so I don’t know what yours is or isn’t providing but based on pics the plant needs magnesium and calcium and possibly potassium. You may need to up your dose and or supplement with epsom salt etc.

1 Like

Just picked up a bottle of Blue Planet Cal-Mag and about to water now actually lol

Good deal. Just remember the affected leaves won’t recover but keep an eye on unaffected leaves and new growth to see how things are going.

1 Like

Yep yep I’m removing all effected leafs as well I appreciate the help

I would leave those leaves on it as they are a source of nutrients that can be drawn upon to other areas of the plant. May want to say pinch off the tip of the center fingers of those affected if you want to easily see/remember which ones were affected to more easily see if it’s getting worse.

Mobile nutrients are well mobile and the plant will take those mobile nutrients from older leaves and reallocate them to newer growth. If you remove the leaves you remove the option of the plant using them

1 Like

I understand that completely but they are also in veg and getting very bushy so its about for a small thinning for good airflow so I thi k they will be fine

1 Like

Yep makes sense then…
No pics of plants so can’t see what your seeing

1 Like

All good heres a pic tho of the garden

4 Likes

@Skydiver @AutoMattik what does this look like to yall im leaning towards a calmag deficiency but I use calmag every time I water 3ml per gallon of water I originally started with 5ml per gallon but reduced to 3ml or is this looking like something else need help lol