Polyploid? Bud on bud on bud

I posted onto a group and someone made this comment. Anyone with information on this please contribute. I’m trying to understand this fully, pros and cons. Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this supposed to be a bad thing because I think I have a couple doing the same thing

1 Like

From what I’ve read it’s not. Some research shows when this happens the plant actually produces much more thc… Apparently there are people who try to create this effect synthetically by using some chemical called colchicine? Idk anyyhing about it besides what I’ve read today. Was hoping to get some clarification here.

2 Likes

This was all I found on here about it White Widow, White Queen. Perpetual medical. Learn with me not much

2 Likes

Yes, me too.

2 Likes

I was actually experimenting with a risky technique last grow called bud stacking/back building it has the same results I would explain it in more detail but it is non chemical and stresses plant during flower so wouldn’t wish to be responsible for a hermi if someone took the description and used it until I have more confirmed results

4 Likes

Let me try it. My little WWA would be a great experiment. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Do you mean to tell me I have stacks on stacks of bud on bud going on here? Accidently on purpose? :innocent:

1 Like

Correct foxtaling is very different calyx stack and buds get long stringy bud stacking buds are still compact not loose and airy

3 Likes

8 Likes

These are bud stacked and getting harvested tomorrow now they are flushed :wink:

4 Likes

So how did this come about?

1 Like

Excellent question usually fox tailing is triggered by light leaks or confused nutrient schedules which pretty much signals pheno to start budding again and continue to stretch Rather than fatten and compact. I have had fox tailing happen due to cold temps or not enough light intensity and yes the better pictures appear to be fox tails :frowning: it’s still good bud but less compact buds

3 Likes

Hmm… I only recently got tigers bloom and used it regularly over the last 3 weeks. I’ll let ya know how she comes along. Only 8 days or so left. From feeling on her I can say she is definitely dense.

1 Like

The more I’ve researched I’m confident its not foxtailing. The pics on google image search of foxtailing look much less dense and stringy.

1 Like