Pocket size dry herb vape

Can anyone recommend a pocket dry herb vaporizer for around $100 or less?

The first time I saw a dry herb rig was a crazy ass benchtop model but now it appears they come in carry size.

Now that I’m growing I’m sure fresh herb will be more of a go to vs vape carts and have heard good things about dry herb vapes for quick on the go. Anyone have any experience or recommendations?

6 Likes

I have two dry herb vapes, my first is a Starry XMAX. My second is a convection vape that is smoother/less harsh and offers better herb taste, it’s a Planet of the Vapes (POTV) XMAX V3 Pro. It’s a longer size, though and a few bucks more, full price now is $109 at the Planet of the Vapes website.

Another cool thing with the POTV V3 Pro is that dosing capsules can be used for it, those are small stainless steel “capsules” with holes that are filled with herb, so that it’s easy to change out more weed on the go, or to easily switch strains. I recently started using them, I really like them.

There are other dry herb vapes out there, but those are the two that I have experience with and like, especially the V3 Pro that is convection. Oh, and both of them have fully adjustable temperatures from the 200F range, up to about 430F.

4 Likes

We have had several and models keep changing. I can tell you that you want a magnetic mouthpiece. Don’t buy anything that snaps on. Check the prices of replacement mouthpieces before you buy it too. Replacement filter screens should be easy to remove to clean. We keep a couple extra so its a quick replacement and then just drop the dirty one in grain alcohol. Some models come with different attachments to do wax or resin too. Most are in the 60 to 90 range.

4 Likes

Check out kandypens. I have 1. Convection. Much better on lungs

5 Likes

I have 2 Yocan Vane 1 I have had for over 2 years they where about 50.00 each.

2 Likes

I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the Yocan Vane. Looks like a good budget conduction vape. :+1:

1 Like

Yes it is

1 Like

Personally I’m not a fan of Yocan, it works, it’s cheap, it’s available everywhere but the quality of the end product seems to be always destroyed due to their processing.
The only thing I like about Yocan is their Dab straw with crushed quarts crystals on it.

I went with Boundless CFV’s, they were cheap, they work but have a flaw where the chard port gets loose. However they will warranty it every time and just send you a new one… The smoke quality is great, full of terps thanks to convection oven design.
Pocket sized and pretty affordable.
They have other designes to, I would recommend the CFX or CFX+ (may be a bit out of your price range but I strongly recommend getting a quality unit or you’ll replace it soon enough or not enjoy the experience)

I am thinking the the Airize Go is probably a hassle free unit though compared to the Boundless CFV, I lined my friend up to get one of their bigger units.
These are designed in Canada and produce really nice stuff for a decent price.

However the mighty is hands down the best portable vaporizer, a little big and that’s why they made the crafty but the mighty is the best on the market that a Ghost MV1.

Going cheap on a vape ruins the taste and the experience because the quality is rly shown in these things if you select reputable items.

4 Likes

Thank you for the info Nicky.

2 Likes

Anyone have experience with the POTV ONE? It sounds like POTV is a decent brand from what other members are saying and it looks alittle more slimlined than the XMAX V3.

Has the availability for the capsules as well and pricing in right there.

Looks no bigger than my pack of smokes

@Twelve1 @Nicky @Deepsix

3 Likes

Looks like a decent unit, has a 2-year warranty, and POTV has good customer service. It is conduction (can be more harsh than convection), but also there are glass bubbler attachments available for purchase that can cool the vapor. The temperature range is smaller/higher (Temperature Range: 320° F - 430° F) than some other vapes, if that’s important to you. Looks like it’s on sale now.

2 Likes

What temp do you typically run yours at? Just curious

1 Like

These days for the most part, it’s 355F on my conduction vape, and 375F on my convection vape. Sometimes I’ve used the 320-330F range for more flavor and lighter effects. I’ve used under 300F for flavor mostly, been awhile, though, lol.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at them. Have heard good things about them.

2 Likes

Exactly correct. I would not buy any vape that was not a convection vape. I certainly wasted a lot of money on cheap vapes before springing for better ones.

I am very happy with my Arizer vape.

4 Likes

I am satisfied with my XLux Roffu. I did a little research before purchasing it a couple of months ago. I know a little more about it now that I am using it. I like the fact that it uses a replaceable battery (18650). I now have several batteries and just swap in a charged battery as needed. I like the swappable oven chamber. I purchased several of the stainless steel chambers and also several glass chambers. I pre fill them and swap them in as needed. Similar to using dosing capsules which I also have. The character of the vapor is a little different, SS vs glass.

I haven’t smoked since I got the dry herb vaporizer.

5 Likes

I love my PAX. It’s good for herb, and wax both equally awesome at both.

3 Likes

Agreed 100%

I don’t promote concentrates but when I was using them the dab straws were the best design I found.

2 Likes

Just ordered a (POTV) XMAX V3 Pro, yesterday. My First dry leaf vape pen was a Gpen and it sucked big ones.Wouldn’t hold charge and vape was harsher then smoking! It’s in the trash!

3 Likes

LOL I tried one, it was the first I ever tried and I thought it was such a cool device… Then I did some research and aquaired a volcano classic, THE BEST vape but not portable so I had to go convection since then.

I don’t smoke on the go in fact I don’t smoke much anymore and have switched to edibles due to the health damage that comes from smoking BUT when people ask about vapes I always try and direct them away from simple cheap hybrid styles and more towards a quality unit that they will enjoy for years to come.

I hope your new experience is much better than the Gpen, even though I’m not familiar with that specific vape I believe anything with convection vape technology that can hold a charge will be a good unit as long as its kept clean.

3 Likes