Plz help cloning aus

Hi my first post im a outdoor grower ( new climate) all advice appreciated :slightly_smiling_face: i want to clone my plants to maximize harvest im in NE NSW Australia and planted in late winter August 26th from memory, my plants are still potted (hopefully plant in ground soon) and are around 3ft to 4ft tall, 2 are showing female preflowers and 1 in tip…
My questions are where are the best places to place clones outside or on a window?? How do people do there clones ive looked alot into cloning but everything seems to be under lights i need to do it outdoors thanks for reading and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction :call_me_hand::kissing_smiling_eyes::dash: take it easy stay safe everyone

2 Likes

can You take the cuttings and root in your windowsill? They need humidity and warmth.

1 Like

Full sun exposure? or part exposure? Or is full shade ok if temp and humidity are right? Thanks

1 Like

Err on partial light side, I’m guessing full sun might be to much, but I’m not there to see what full sun conditions are. Indoors they can root with low power lights.

2 Likes

You could really root with partial sun and fluorescent ceiling lights to finish off the cycle.

Keep them around 18-20 hours of sun.

Cut lower branch, trim most the leaves and then scratch the outer part of the bark off the branch to expose it to the water. Make sure that part is fully submerged in the water. Add an air pump to the water basin and you’ll root in a few weeks

2 Likes

@420LifeAUS welcome to ILGM, looks like everyone has you covered.

1 Like

Invest in some clonex gel.

1 Like

I currently use rooting powder ( i use for tomatoes ) is clonex better ? Im guessing the soft wood cloning gel not hard wood gel?

I have phenomenal success using Clonex products. I highly recommend them.

2 Likes

The gel is better at preventing embolisms

2 Likes

I only have the red clonex ( hardwood ) ill have to try to get the purple ( soft/semi hard wood ) in the next few days … Or is it worth trying the red?

I use the purple colored clonex. Never knew the red stuff existed.

1 Like

I would look at the active ingredients and compare. Probably very similar.

1 Like

I picked up a cloning machine on amazon for $50. Have had near 100 percent success with it.

2 Likes

Honest opinion since having used Clonex, I’ve had better luck with just 200ppm nitrogen rich well water and a air stone.

Really you can use a lot of things to transfer the clones in. Clonex, honey, cooking oil.

What your looking to do is not allow anything that could kill your plant into its stem. If your fast enough with the transplant water and air is all you’ll need

1 Like

Hi living in aussieland can any one please tell me what is the best seeds to grow in a climate like Australia,hot and dry and hope you can help me get the write females.wayneo.

Hi @wayneo any seeds swill grow well in Australia, I have grown Bruce Banner outdoors with great success.

any, its perfect conditions…:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like