Plenty of calexs but not many pistils whats up with rhat?

To be honest with you i haven’t checked. I’m worried about bud rot. I’ve got the dehumidifier set at 40% and 2 fans running and still fighting 50 + humidity at wits end!!Try to get 2 more weeks in before partial chop. Any suggestions??

Out of love – so – hahaha

I’m in the same RH battle. My room is 80 degrees and humidity is running 60%. My dehumidifier is running full blow and set on 45. It’s not happening. ARGH. I’ve put in another fan to make sure I have good airflow to combat the moisture. It’s helping some.

Do you have the exhaust of the dehumidifier running out of the room?

Yes!! I Tied it into my 6"exhausted out of the building. Have 3 different hygrometers stationed around the room and none of them read the same within 3 to 7%. from 45 to 55%.

If you exhaust dehumidified air out of the tent/room aren’t we removing the air we need to reduce the RH? I know it’s hot – but it’s the dry air we need.

The dehumidifier is pulling the moisture out of the air leaving the air dry. Not so much cycling humid air and dry air. As long as the room is dry, it will pull in that air. Leaving the dehumidifier in the room will bump your temps way up. The room my tent is in stayed about 65° over winter. When I turned on dehumidifier (before venting outside), temps would go over 80°.

Silly question but I don’t own one myself, don’t dehumidifiers pull moisture from the air and deposit it in a reservoir? That makes me think it’s exhaust while being hot should also be dry?? I can be way off here, like I said I don’t own one.

2 Likes

You are spot-on correct. Cooler moist air comes in. The warm dry air is exhausted. The water removed goes either to a reservoir or (like mine), straight to a drain.

2 Likes

I’ve been told by two dehumidifier manufacturers that venting the hot air defeats the purpose of running the dehumidifier – since the hot exhaust air is also the dried air we’re hoping to realize.

1 Like

That is correct. If you were to exhaust the hot air to the outside, that air would get replaced by the natural ventilation of the space, and would likely be a higher humidity. If however, the air exhausts into the room with the dehumidifier, then less natural air enters, and the overall humidity of the space is lowered.

3 Likes

My tent rh will go up after I feed, but my room stays down. But that is right too. I think I just get too worried about heat because I’m already in the deep south and it’s been record setting, with only a couple cloudy/rainy days in a couple months.

Sounds like you need a swamp cooler… Nope. Not what I was thinking… Racking my brain now…

1 Like

Split AC, is what I was thinking of.

1 Like

I’m in the deep South too – and my indoor and outdoor gardens are both suffering. I’m not happy about it. But, I have to have the dehumidifier or I’ll have 70% RH in the grow room. ARGH. So, I’m trying to deal with the heat with extra AC. Oh the bill I’m going to have…

Yikes, it’s been super freaking dry here. My rh in the room and ten have stayed at about 50 for weeks. The outside girls are love/hating it. Been windy and hot. So hot :hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:

1 Like

If only. I was considering a window unit, or just a stand-up portable. It’s just not in the budget right now. Hopefully soon, it’s only going to get hotter over the weeks.

3 Likes

It’s inevitable you’ll get small amounts of spider web mold occasionally when growing fatties. Just make sure to do a thorough wash. Product will be just fine. Unless ofc you can actually see it and exasperating. Then it needs to be chopped, washed and set to dry. I’ve had to take several colas early because of this. But they weren’t largely affected as it was caught and removed early. Nearby included. Source being discarded with nearby washed. Once you are that far along, while your product won’t be perfect taken early. It will be far from useless. You’re in good shape. Just keep the eye on them.

Thanks for the info!! I’m thinking about going ahead and taken her down sometime this week. Just starting week 10. Gotta be close. Will give her a good bath :wink: