Please tell me what is going on

First I want to say Hello to everybody . its my first post over here and thank you for any kind of help.

Here is my story, I have hydroponic system working over two years , currently 8 plants. Im growing Blue Dream from ILGM by making clones. Currently is 3th time with BDream. On first time problem appear on the end of cycle and did not affect my grow a lot so I ignore it. On second cycle affect my grow a lot and basically ruined it ( i have very small harvest with very weak potencial ) . Right know Im in my 3th time growing that strain I notice the same symptoms already like before.
During middle of flowering stage new buds start growing from the tops of main buds.
On the end of my last ruined grow my buds looks more like beer hops and this is the best description I can make.Beer hops.
Im on 12/12 light schedule over one month and I notice today first symptoms again .
I never had that problem before and I dont know if thats the strain foul or is something Im doing wrong.
I have some pictures … first pictures are from my previous unsuccessful grow.

1 Like

And here is pictures from mu current grow. Everything was looking good few day ago and today the buds stary looking skiny , start stretching and again somehow new skiny buds start growing from the main ones…
Im really appreciate any kind of help what to do know .

1 Like

Foxtailing

read this whole thread

4 Likes

And Welcome @apapos to a great grow forum. Lots of helpful people here.

Welcome to the forum! I see foxtails too, most of the information you need is probably in topic that spiney_norman linked. If there’s anything else we can help with don’t be afraid to ask.

1 Like

Thank you Spiney…beside I feel like i just got life sentence…that foxtailing completely ruined my last grow… bdw kind of interesting because just for fun I put two plants outside this summer, just extra two clones from the same seeds and they don’t show any of foxtailing… I wonder if that really is genetic or not…

so is nothing I can do ? change light schedule or anything ?

1 Like

I see, Im start googling already that fox, thanks !

1 Like

It can be genetic, but also heat and light stress induced

2 Likes

Your space doesn’t appear very well lit in pictures. What are you running for lights in what size space? What do your canopy temps usually run?

2 Likes

so… I have tent 60”x60”x80” , vented well, with 4 led lamps MEIZHI 600w (equivalent to 250w hps each) Right know summer is over so not close to any issues with temperatures, day time around 76-77F and night time around 67f , Indoor of course
I turned off some lights when I was taking pictures.
there is no plant at middle front to have some space for maintenance

2 Likes

Nothing looks out of place there. Did you have problems with temperatures at all recently?

1 Like

I would say it is because your light is not good enough. I think it said 112watt power draw in the description.
When i grew first time with low grade amazon blurples i had very fluffy bud and it did the foxtailing as well. It smoked great but didn’t have a quality appearance or proper density.

Continuing the discussion from Please tell me what is going on:

I couldn’t respond yesterday but your simple question let me think…and now maybe I know the reason of that tailing .
Few months ago I took suggestion from my old hippie friend and I run duct from my laundry room from dryer to the tent. I assume since is cost me nothing I can try this old trick with extra Co2.
So three times per week temperature is jumping for over 90 for 45 minutes. since tent is well vented after another 30 minutes everything is get back to normal. I didn’t considerate this as a issue but since that my grow get bad…
I disconnected that duct today and I will post if that help after few weeks.

Increased Co2 levels will help a grow during veg and early flower if lighting intensity and heat are high ,(not your case).

I get the dryer trick, it actually sounds interesting, but that would increase humidity in late flower to the point of risking mold issues. Id save it for veg only. Even then I’m not sure that short an exposure to higher co2 would make much difference, or that unmetered co2 would be good.

As for the fox tailing; it seems to be getting worse with each generation of clones. It may be time to drop a fresh seed and begin with cleaner genetics.

1 Like

It requires a lot of light intensity to justify supplementing co2. I wouldn’t worry about that right now, definitely not enough to run your dryer exhaust there.

1 Like