Please place your seats in the upright position

Welcome to the forum. No matter what problems you may (& probably will) run into, everyone here will do their best to help. I’m a newbie and got here after the fact. I’m accumulating so much information that it’s almost overwhelming. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Best of luck with your Grow and may your Harvest be Plentiful!

2 Likes

I knew you would :blush:

3 Likes

Nice lights @Alton66 ! Hey what is that organic chemical formula on your arm? LOL, can’t see enough of it to figure out what it is!!

1 Like

Hey Freeky!

It’s a molecular drawing of MDMA AKA ecstasy. I added a line down to my girlfriends name in Arabic. She’s my ecstasy get it? :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, here’s my current set up ;

Seeds; AK-47 and Northern Lights purchased from this site.
Total of 6 seeds for this grow.

Growing medium ; Fox Farm - Happy Frog amended with 20 percent perlite and 10 percent vermiculite. Final containers after potting up are seven gallon grow bags.

Nutrients; General Hydroponics, Emerald Harvest and House and Garden.
Recharge ,which is mycorrhizae and trichoderma fungi for roots.
Water; distilled with cal/mag added.

Growing area ; 5 X 5 tent.

Lights ; Optic LED’s Optic 6 and Lush Lighting’s Lumenator X2 covering a 5 X 5 area. Optic 1 ( single Cree 3590 ) for seedlings and clones.

HVAC ; 5000 BTU window air conditioner ducted to 8 " inline fan then into tent. Exhaust is a 6 " inline fan with carbon filter ducted into attic. Inkbird digital controller outside of tent mounted on the wall.

Apera PH 60 ph meter & Apera TDS 20 ppm meter.

Taotronics humidifier with built in humidistat.

That’s what I have to work with.

I’ll post some more photos this evening.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

And the winner is…Northern Lights!!! The first of six seeds to germ. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

Here are some photos of my cooling system.

5000 btu LG air conditioner with right angle duct connector to 8" inline fan then ducted into the tent.

8 Likes

I was hunting for a manual controlled air conditioner for the cooling system. A manual controlled air conditioner lets you leave the unit in the on position so an outboard digital controller like an Inkbird controller can control all of the equipment needed in order to cool a room or tent.

A digital controlled air conditioner can’t be left
in the on position so they do not work
for this application.

I found this air conditioner approx. a month ago at
A garage sale for twenty dollars.:smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Welcome @Alton66 Vaughn! Nice to meet you. I’ll be around watching your grow!:+1:

1 Like

Here’s a photo of the exhaust ducting as well as the Inkbird controller. The color variance in the digital readout is due to my phones camera not being able to pixelate the red display correctly.

5 Likes

Thank you !! It’s very nice to meet you MattyBear!!!:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Call me Matt :+1: and the set up looks good too!

1 Like

Thanks Matt!! Nice to meet you !:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Gosh damn redneck genius

2 Likes

Really nice setup you got there. You wanna come do mine? :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks like you have the front end worked out nicely!:+1:

1 Like

Welcome! That air conditioner is pure redneck genius!

1 Like

Hi everybody!!:slightly_smiling_face:

As of this afternoon I have close to 100 percent germination. I’m wanting to remain on a tight schedule so I’ve replanted one AK-47 seed.

They are growing rapidly.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

5 Likes

I studied quite a bit concerning air conditioning options for this application and this is what I came up with. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey @Alton66 I just found your thread and want to stop in. And say hello
I’m a indoor and outdoor guy just started growing indoors a year ago before that outdoors was my grow room and being from north east one harvest a year
Anyway glad you decided to come and join the rest of us WooHoo
I was looking at both of those light you have how do you like them so far
:v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes