Please help! Yellowing of leaves

Hi everyone! This is my first outdoor grow. I grew indoors a year back and having done all the research for indoor growing I ran into mostly smooth sailing. I was having similar success with my plants outside (albeit I got the seeds late and so didn’t start until the end of June) until about a week ago, right before they started showing signs of flowering and developing pistils. I know a yellowing is normal during flowering, though I thought it would either be at the lowest leaves or it would happen later on in the flowering stage. I am growing 5 gorilla glue plants, one is having an entirely different issue that I believe to be calcium deficiency or (hopefully not ) fusarium wilt. These 4 that I am making this post about with the yellow leaves, it seems to be random leaves, none at the top, but not all at the bottom. The veins are still almost all green or light green, though the rest of the leaf is yellow. This makes me think magnesium deficiency. I have been giving them nutes with pretty much every feeding, because of the other plant which I think has a calcium deficiency. I recently switched to tiger bloom nutes because they started flowering and because of the calcium nitrate. I didn’t think either issue was nute burn because the plant from the other post with brown spots start in the middle, not the edges/tips. This leads me to think the pH in the soil is too low. I don’t really know how to pH the soil effectively, but I do ph the water Everytime I put it in. I divide the same jugs between all of the plants. I had the pH for most of the grow around 6.2, when I noticed what I thought was calcium I started raising it to 6.5, now I was about to give it 6.8. However I found that my buffering solution must’ve been contaminated since when I got new 7.0 solution it read “7.3”. So all along the feed might’ve been 0.3 lower than. I thought. I will attach pictures of these leaves. It could also be overwatering or underwatering as well. The drainage isn’t as good as id hoped. I don’t know exactly how much I should be watering them but up until flowering I was splitting 2 jugs between the 5 of them a day. It seems like less than I should be doing but we had a while with no sun and they didn’t seem super dry. 1.) Can anyone help me identify this issue? 2.) Any rule of thumb advice for how.much I should be feeding them? 3.) I will attach the link to my other post in a reply to this post, if anyone can help me it would be a life saver, I’m kind of scared I’m gonna lose the plant alltogether. 4.) I will attach pictures here but stupidly haven’t taken pictures of the whole plants, just the affected leaves. The picture of the whole plant is not one of the 4 with this leaf yellowing issue, it is the one from the other post that I believe has a calcium deficiency. I shared it solely for size reference, as they are all about the same size. 5.) I’m really sorry for the super long post. To anyone who has made it this far, thank you very much for taking the time to read it. I’m bad at being concise. I am diagnosed as autistic and people tend to get annoyed with my wordiness, so I’m sorry about that!

1 Like

Hi again, this is the link to my other post about the plant with a bunch of brown spots on the leaves with a bunch of them crusting up and dying and others turning yellow

I do believe she’s feeding of of the nitrogen in the leaves it’s about time for a feed my friend

1 Like

Do you have an nutrients you an on feeding

Thank you. The bottom one is just for size reference, the leaves on that one are suffering from another issue. I made a post about that with some close ups on the leaves. But the other ones are from the 4 with similar leaf yellowing. I have been giving them nutrients with every feed for a couple weeks now. Maybe only once with no nutes. Is it that the pH in the soil is too low for them to get the nutrients from the feed? Or am I not watering them enough when I feed them? I had been doing nutes every feed because the one that is shown in full started having problems about a week before the other ones. And I thought it was calcium deficiency. So this past week I’ve been giving them tiger bloom every day, two jugs between 5 plants (on a particularly sunny/hot day I gave them 3). Because of the calcium nitrate. These other 4 seem to have started getting a bunch of yellow leaves just over the past couple of days.

Can u get reading of pH in and pH out I’m having a similar issue and I think it is pH related I’ll take an ilgm member to get a support ticket

@MidwestGuy can u sort a support ticket for more information

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

I’m going to do the best I can here, sorry if I don’t know a lot! I appreciate the help!

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Gorilla glue (from ILGM)

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
soil

Soil brand and type

fox farm ocean forrest (one bag had been used in a previous grow, used one small bag of miracle grow potting soil, then bought another large bag of ocean forrest and 2 small bags - all of this split between 5 plants)

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
smart pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
The past few weeks i have given nutes with water every day except maybe one because one of the plants (in my other post) was rapidly suffering from what i perceived to be calcium deficiency. The PH of the water/nute solution I’m not positive of because I am waiting for new buffer solution, it was reading 6.2-6.5 but when i used the last of my buffer solution it seems like the solution my probe was in was 0.3 overstated. I gave feed last night that read 6.8, which means it was probably 6.5.

• I do not really know how to test the run off, as there isn’t really any run-off when i water besides some out the sides of the smart pot. I don’t know if it is because i am not giving them enough water (2 jugs between 5 plants a day, or 3 on very hot/sunny days) or if it is because the smart pots are on a mat on a hard deck that may be prohibiting drainage.

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
I’m not sure, I use one generous table spoon of tiger bloom per gallon of water with ph up

• Indoor or Outdoor
outdoor

• Light system
sun
• Temps; Day, Night
Day -last week had a few days that were 90, before and after were mid 80s. Past 4 days were between 77-81 (today)
Night - low has been avg between 61-70, 64 most days
• Humidity; Day, Night
day - it had been between 64-76, a couple days were 50
night - as high as 91, past 4 days have been between 54 and 89

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
NA

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
NA
• Co2; Yes, No
no
If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution
NA
Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

I’m not sure how to generate a ticket like this to be seen, but if you could please look at my other post:

it would be greatly appreciated as that plant seems to be in a more life or death situation. The answers to these questions would be the same. I can go over and post them in the replies now. Thank you so much!

1 Like