Please help with desert growing

Hello all. I am having the worst time with my new tent. I purchased this thing because I wanted a little bigger of a tent. I was using one that was 6x4x4 or so. I could fit 4 plants in it. Well I upgraded and thought the tent was twice the size of my last and it was only 299.00. When it came and I went to set it up in the room I found the tent was bigger than the room. So I moved it where it would fit.

Now I cannot keep the humidity in there up at all. I have 3 humidifiers going 24x7 and can’t get it above 40%.

I planted my first crop in it. They are all autos and they are doing absolutely horrible. I cannot keep moisture in them at all. I’m having to manually water them several times a day because they just dry out fast. They are 3 inches and 3 weeks and flowering. It’s a nightmare.

I’m in Las Vegas. If you have any expertise in growing here or somewhere similar please help me!!

2 Likes

Do you have some pictures of your plants? Maybe sounds like overwatering?

Try filling out this support ticket, so we can see if we can you straightened out.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

I believe it was @Hellraiser that said he’s in a similar situation & doesn’t pay a lot of attention to RH anymore, coulda swore he said he doesn’t use domes even on seedlings. I’m sure he’ll see this & correct me if I’m mistaken. So it maybe that you’ll wanna try his method, but wait till he says I wasn’t reading it wrong.

3 Likes

I am using seeds from growers choice. I used 3 different strains. Candy Kush, tangerine dream and sour Kush. All autos all doing the same thing. I’m pretty sure at this point it’s the humidity. I cannot keep it up. I did mess up this time. I did not use rockwool. I wasn’t thinking and popped them in jiffy pucks.

I’m doing DWC hydro. The roots I just noticed on all of them are not growing down they are wrapped up in the cup. When I had the smaller tent using this exact method everything was fine as it could be for a newbie. I have tried everything and been very diligent.

As far as nutrients I’m using perfect ph grow and bloom parts a and b. I’m using voodoo juice, calmag, and guano. Not all at the same time. I only use the calmag in Veg and guano in bloom.

1 Like

You say your auto’s roots are wrapped up in the net pot?

That would most likely explain why your plants look like they do.

1 Like

I’ve only grown two plants, so I’m barely an expert, so I’ll just say that I live in a dry area, I don’t tent, and I don’t dome. My seedlings and plants were fine with the dry air that was about 25% humidity, and I’ve usually watered about every four days. My guess, and it’s only a guess, is that your plants have a different problem than the dry air. I’ll follow this topic to see how it goes. (For what it’s worth, my strains were ILGM White Widow Autos.)

1 Like

Yeah I don’t worry about RH other than keeping it as low as possible for last few weeks of flowering to avoid bud rot. I never use domes for seedlings or worry about what RH they are in, done tons of grows with RH in the 20’s with no problems. Low humidity is not the problem with the plants.

I don’t do DWC but I would imagine that your plants roots never developed enough to get watered by the DWC.

That tells me your DWC is not working or roots never got developed enough to use such a system.

I’d toss them and start over, flowering at 3 inches is a waste of time, yield would be less than I smoke in a day, maybe even in one session. And stop using jiffy pucks.

3 Likes