PLEASE HELP! What is happening here?

First grow here again… I was told calcium deficiency and nutrient burn… so I decided to use a solution of cal-mag about 2mg/gallon and distilled water for my hydro grow… what do you see happening with my leaves?

Fill out a support ticket

Going Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

1 Like

Gorilla glue auto
Hydro
Ph 6.1 In reservoir
Right now just cal mag and distilled water about 172 ppm

Indoor grow tent 80 degrees 50% hum constant with controls

Ventilated with in-line fan and carbon filter

150 watt led light

Was your ppm higher at some point? 172ppm shouldn’t have caused nute burn. How old is the plant and can you upload a pic of entire plant?

1 Like

Always remember any damaged leaf like that will not go back to being perfect. It will always have its battle scars. I’ll usually snip off those so I can watch the new growth and see if signs/symptoms continue

3 Likes

You need to stick to one post for the subject so the info can be together. It was at 550ppm before and the ph was to high.
Keep ph at 5.8 or 5.9.
In hydro for young plants like yours I use 1ml/ gal grow a and grow b. 1ml/gal cal mag.
The damaged leaf wont repair itself. Plant is young and will grow plenty more.
Changes you make will not immediately take place.
Give time for changes to help.

2 Likes

@Henny721 I’m glad the whole plant ain’t like that I had the same problem with my first plant but I got the whole thing it dried it right up yours should be a easy fix it will come out of it

If you want it’s an idea you can cut that leaf of cause it’s dead than energy will go to other parts of the plant it will come out of it

@Konflict is right to it will be ok I

Looks like a calcium deficiency to me. Make sure you have added a proper amount to your hydro. You may be overestimating how many total gallons you have?

CAL#01

ph 6.1 is ok, but as BetrayedSoul said, 5.9 is more optimal for hydro or soiless mediums.

2 Likes

I am the best Hydro Grower this side of my front door !!!

Lol I am so bored in this tin can.

Anyways on a previous post of this plant I’m pretty sure the ph was at 6.5. That’s why I mentioned ph

2 Likes

I hear ya. I check my plants 100x more than I need to just for something to keep me busy!

2 Likes

Let’s smoke a bowl togther I’m bord as heck to calcium @Reticence good call man

1 Like

You are correct I didn’t know I could add pics to an existing post or I would’ve kept it there… the ppm before was 550 but the ph was 5.9 I was told to keep it within 5.5-6.5 to get maximum nutrient absorption… I have some cal-mag solution should I feed it only that exclusively?

The plant is 26 days old starting out my ppm got up 550 when I was using general hydro series micro grow and bloom half the recommended… now that I only use the cal mag solution it’s around 172 ppm Uploading: 2F5A3786-76B3-4428-80DB-B17D89174AD9.jpeg… Uploading: 3A63BDD6-8262-48FF-82A1-E5603FEE64FD.jpeg… Uploading: 48CC55C4-D153-4F08-B974-07AA7BA96407.jpeg… Uploading: D0090733-29A6-4B00-B1E5-08686EA12B31.jpeg…

The new growth is looking great.
So for hydro keep it between 5.5 and 5.9. Above 6 isn’t good. Dont freak if it moves above 6 just adjust it. As you grow you will learn how to ph the water perfect for your system.
I never had an easy time adding nutrients or adjusting ph after it is in the system. I always fill a 5 gal pail with 4 gal of water. Bubble it with air stones(separate air pump from system) 30min per pail. 1hr to be sure so chlorine is disapated( used in city water not needed for well water )
Then I ph it to 5.9 to 6.0. Then i add nutrients and it drops it to 5.8 to 5.9.
Then add the mixed water to the system.
When ever you drain your system to change water completely make sure to wipe down sides as well with a paper towel to remove any build up. I just dip paper towel in water and wipe sides.

Any questions along the way always ask us and someone here will help.

And last be sure to cut off the damaged leaves. There are plenty of new ones to replace it. No sense having a bad leaf there looking ugly below that nice new growth.
Looking great now.
Oh just a note. I also use 50% or less of reccomended for nutrients. Always start low. 1/4 reccomended is best

1 Like

Something I learned the hard way is to not shortchange your girls on nutes in flowering. It can contribute to fluffy (not dense) buds.

3 Likes