Please help! ssh isn't looking good

I woke up to this on 1 of my babies looking bad. The ph is at 6.0 and it’s ocean forest

soil

What ? Might need a photo or a support ticket , ph in ocean forest can be ah little strong for some seedlings depending on strain . I started two seeds in ocean forest and they were okay , the second time none of them made it , so I actually flush my soil with dolomite lime water before I put any germinated seed in it and make sure I know the ph that’s running off . Remember "I’m no Expert " it’s just what I do from my experience . I rather be patient than in a hurry , so I follow a balance schedule each grow and keep foot notes on what procedures that way I can pin point issues if I should have any at all . But precautions is always great . Hope this helps !!!

I can say that all my plants have a PH value between 6-6.5 and they are healthy (except for the recent spider mite problem. It is when your soil’s PH value drop below 5 or go beyond 7 that you need to take measures to balance things out.

Judging from what you say (about your PH value being 6) - I would change the soil all together and try to rescue the girls that way. However, I would check those values again because maybe that plants’ roots are suffering from lack of phosphoric acid, calcium, and magnesium - which they need. Your plant’s soil could be too acidic!! Check your soil for fungal diseases also. I would really ditch the soil and replant/report them in new fresher soil instead of risking a lost or wasting more time trying to determine what is wrong. At least this way you will know if it the soil or some contaminant in it.

Just my two cents.
Lots of luck
JT

How can I put up a photo?

They are 5 weeks old and I did just start getting fungus gnats so does that mean it might have fungal disease?

Fungus gnats is often a sign of over-watering. You might be drowning your plants’ roots.

Yoshi had a good point about seedlings in soil that is too nutrient rich, how developed are these “babies”?

Seedlings shouldn’t really need or get strong nutrients until they have a well developed root system, as indicated by at lest a 5 sets of alternating nodes and accompanying adult leaf sets above ground, regardless of actual weeks of growth.

I’m not sure why you are having problems posting a picture, maybe try a smaller/ lower data image?

~MacG

I didn’t start the seeds out in ocean forest I used organic soil with no nutrients and they are over 1.5 feet

I don’t have the option to upload a photo

OK.

Let the soil continue to dry out. Use the common method of watering only when the soil feels nearly totally dried out. feel the container’s weight, when it feels totally dried out, then water or feed, and don’t water again until nearly totally dried out. Cannabis roots need lots of air, not that unlike cactus roots.

You can sprinkle food grade fossil flour – DE – on the soil’s surface immediately, and after watering to help kill off the fungus gnats, they shouldn’t return if you are not letting water pool at the bottom of the container and you are not over watering.

~MacG

Thanks man I got the photo up finally if you can take a look

I got the photo if u can check it out

Yup, it looks like a nutrient lockout/deficiency, this could be from the over-watering and fungus gnat damage to the fine root hairs.

Also we could know what kind of feeding regiment you are using, you can’t normally rely on the soil in the container to feed the plant all the way through the entire life-cycle.

~MacG

Awesome thanks I was gonna try sns 203 I heard that was good to kill them but I’ll get that instead

That’s horrible I hope that it can be saved. I just got voodoo, b-52, rhino skin, and sensei bloom

It doesn’t look that bad yet. If it indeed is from the over-watering and the fungus gnats, letting the soil dry properly between watering or feeding will remedy the problem and new growth will look fine. The damage on the leaves will not go away, but new leaves should not get any of the same damage. It will probably be just fine.

Other things to consider is ventilation and heat sources, I notice it looks crowded and there is that cord apparently touching some of the leaves. There could be more going on, but we don’t know the parameters in your plant’s environment, try filling out the support ticket info, it could help us see something we might be missing.

Also a nutrient salt build-up in the soil could be a contributor to locking out other nutrients, that is why an EC/PPM reading of the run-off could be helpful, in addition to just pH info, as asked for in the support ticket.

~MacG

Ok I hope it will be fine and it doesn’t get hotter than 81 I try to keep it at 79. Where do I fill out this support ticket?

Any ideas why this is happening?

The temps are a little leaning on the high side and certainly isn’t helping, you really want to keep it around 78*F or a little lower. But I would suspect you could be suffering from a nutrient salt toxicity as mentioned above.

The support ticket is pinned at the top of most of the main forum pages.

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/runoff) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? What you feed it as well as what is in the soil or medium(run-off), or reservoir.

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %? Day vs. night

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and/or facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

~MacG