Please HELP R.I.P

My husband started these on 4/1 & 4/15. Well on 5/13 he passed away and I have no idea what I am doing. Originally there were 4 girls and 2 died unfortunately because of me. They are white widow autoflowering, they are inside with T5 lights ( I’m not sure what bulbs, but they have red tips). They are in miracle grow potting mix and he tried several different nutes from homemade to miracle grow and had just purchased masterblend when he died. So my sister in law mixed those with distilled water and fed them about half of a gallon each. That’s when 2 of them died and these have spots and the other issue is the soil pH level was like 5. Please HELP.

1 Like

You want to keep your ph around 6.3 and 6.8 .
I would try using a soil made for growing weed, or at least tailored towards it. A lot of new growers use the brand Fox Farm. You can choose to use Happy Frog soil, or Ocean Forest soil. This should give you better results when starting new plants. As far as your lights you should be good.

1 Like

Those look healthy amd happy. I dont get it…

What are the white/ brown spots on leaves and tips

So do I need to transplant them in different soil

Im sorry for your loss! I wish you and yours my best.

1 Like

Thank you but I need help with these before they die… Can I feed them masterblend and if so how much, how often, how do I know if they are over/ under watered

First they need to get outta that miracle grow… it happens all the time around here. I think it has time released nutrients and is no good for weed. Grab some happy frog and transplant ASAP. Then they will most likely bounce back.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Got get some 7 gallon containers, and a few bag of happy frog soil. @ tag my name when you do. Like this @Trisham70.

Order these off Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D93NIFY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BNKWZY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Stop watering them. Let them dry out for transfer. The miracle grow is probably causing the leaves discoloration.

In the meantime, read this.

1 Like

@Hellraiser, heads up, she may need our help. We don’t do autos, but in case I missed something.

1 Like

@GST93, know you been busy, but if you got time.

Id like to say how sad I am for your loss. The odds are you and your sister did not kill thise plants, the Miracle Grow did. The rest are right, the first thing you should do is stop adding fertilizers because Miracle Grow has a fertilizer in it that blasts your plant every time you add water. The best thing you can do is get bigger pots, and some Fox Farms soil ( which is designed for weed and will not require fertilizers for at least 6 weeks ) the roots will reach out for the new soil. I would also try your best to only water around the outside to encourage the roots to leave the Miracle Grow and focus on the Fox Farms soil. Allow a couple weeks for the plants to recover. Any damage already done will likely stay done. The new growth should improve. Good luck and again my condolences.

1 Like

Hey Trish, need to know which Masterblend fert you are suing, they make like a hundred different formulations, a pic of the the front of it would be great. Ph is going to need to be fixed and you’re gonna need a digital ph pen/meter and some ph up and ph down as @Zee pointed out. I also see possible signs of pests - all the white spots on the leaves, can you get a closer pic of an affected leaf?

2 Likes

I’m here, was just busy - thanks for the tag, @Zee.

First of all, @Trisham70 I’m so sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace. I hope I’m able to help, but I’m not sure what tools or experience you have and I want to make sure I’m making sense to you. It sounds as like you’ve got a grasp on the environment it’s in which is great for us.

The spots don’t actually look to be from nute burn, as that would be a bright yellow/burn. This to me looks like it could be White Powdery Mildew. Are there any fans running in that room? Any good airflow on the plants? Maybe it’s really humid in that room?

If you do think that it’s WPM on the plants, you can mix up a 1:9 ratio of milk to water In a spray bottle and give them a spritz all over. Let that dry and watch to see if the mildew disappears.

If you don’t think that’s what’s happening with the plants, let me know and maybe take some closer pictures of the leaves?

2 Likes

First I’d like to say I’m very sorry for your loss an second welcome to the community ! Lots of experienced Growers here to help you get your plants finished feel free to ask questions . good luck

1 Like