Please help possible disease?!

Hey guys. This is my first grow ever. Could somebody please tell me if this is a disease? It’s on all 4 of my plants and some of these leavesites are curling up.

1 Like

@Tazz420 please post a support ticket and then we can see where you’re at.

Also here is a chart to help with diagnosis!

1 Like

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS
Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

latewood
ILGM.Admin-USDA Certified Grower
Feb '15
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; ak47 and purple haze
Soil in pots

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.4

What is strength of nutrient mix? 150ppm
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor

Light system, size? 2 600 watt full spectrum led

Temps; Day, Night; 75 day, 68 night
Humidity; Day, Night; 50%day, 45% night

Ventilation system; Yes, active intake, active exhuast.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, No

Co2; no

Thank you but I have tried to match to pictures for a week now and Imy having no luck.

well the truth is it looks like a few different things. I’m not all that proficient at diagnosing symptoms, but I am good at asking questions! LOL

So lets ask a few!

What is the source of your water?

What is…

the ph of your water going in and runoff
the ppm TDS of your water going in and runoff

LED lights are at what height?

How many plants show those symptoms or just that one plant?

Water source: Tap
Ph in: 6.5
Phil out: 6.4
I will have to get back to you on ppm in/out
And the led lights sit about 40 inches above the plants. I’ve experimented from 18 inches.

This is why I’m confused. I’m pretty good at research but this has my head spinning lol

I have 4 plants with the same symptoms.

and it’s on all of the plants went up and read that.

how long ago did you have those lights down to 18"? (40 sounds right until they flower)

how old are your girls?

I’m beginning to lean towards light burn/ heat stress since it is on all plants and we have made adjustments to the lights.

Also is a single 600 or two 300’s on the LED

1 Like

Agree with @bob31 on how old are they? Could be heat stress definitely !

The other thing is what is the PPM of the run-off ? Your soil could be giving a very high PPM and causing problems. What type soil did you use? Almost looks like a nutrient burn is starting on some of the leaf tips. That could be an effect of lighting also.

1 Like

That’s what I was looking at too @TxGrowman
@Tazz420 it does look like slight nute burn starting at tips and with the curling up
ppm in and out would definitely help
40 inch on lights should be ok you’ll want to be closer for flower but for veg you should be ok maybe a little high but you’ll need to judge that

2 Likes

Are you letting your tap water sit open for at least 24 hours? Maybe not your problem but you want the chlorine to dissipate.

Thanks for the replies guys, they are 2 600 watt lights. 1200 watts combined. I believe I discovered the problem. You guys we’re absolutely on point. Checking my ppm in and was was 200ppm in/800ppm out. I was able to flush the soil yesterday and the plants are already back to life. Maybe I should invest in a r/o system.

Btw sorry I stopped replying yesterday, I was unaware there was a limit to replying in a 24 hour period.

2 Likes

@Tazz420

Answer: Heat stress

This looks like the result of excessive heat. When the the serrated edges of marijuana leaves curl like that, it’s often a sign of heat stress from too high temperatures or hot spots.

When the problem is low humidity, the leaf will tend to fold in the middle, like a taco.

What’s your temperature in your grow area? Is there a hot spot around these plants from the grow light?

Hope this helps

Will

Your temp is perfect with a good range.

Now that you flushed and the plant looks healthy, one thing may stop this from happening again. When you water, let at least a little (50ml or more) run out your pot when you are giving any fluids. There as salts in nutrients and some tap water that accumulate in the soil every time you water or feed. Allowing water to run through will keep help you pH and PPM in a good range. I have 10-15% of the fluids I put in run off and I had one minor problem with nutrients in my grow that I am currently harvesting. I also check the pH and PPM (if needed) of the run off frequently.

How long have the plants been in veg?

How much and what type of nutrients are you giving? A lot of growers do not feed during veg as the soil usually has enough nutrients to carry the plant through to flowering. If you keep the pH in range for soil, the plant will tell you when it needs nutrients.

This helps when looking at leaves to see what the problem is. This is a lot of information but read it through. It should help. Jerry