Please help, new grower

It’s 25 inches light, this morning I put this led. I ordered the Infinity CLOUDLINE S6 Exhaust AC, Quiet 6 "Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller - Ventilation Exhaust and a 5 inch Ram for inline.In this moment i use a 6 inch fan and a small fan clip to circulate the air. it happens in a tent of 1x5,1x5x2. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

You’ll love that fan. I also use it and couldn’t be happier. Sounds like your headed in the right direction. And I think @Hogmaster uses that light as well. If your in an autopot I’d check out @Screwauger journals as he uses one as well. I think there are a few more but not sure maybe @bryan maybe does as well.

5 Likes

If I recall correctly @Screwauger doesn’t turn his valve on the autopot on for a little bit to avoid overwatering.

5 Likes

I watched their logs honestly be, the problem is that it’s the first time I do that. I plan to wait for 3-4 days and if the plants get back, I’ll move them to Autopots. Do you think that’s a good idea @Midwestnewbie @dbrn32 @Killadruid

1 Like

I don’t know nothing bout autopots, but those plants want to eat.

2 Likes

@Horus @Midwestnewbie

I set the thread to watching and will try to keep up.

I use AP’s, yes I do.

The general rule of thumb with autopots (AP) is 21 days from the day the plant sprouts (this applies only to seeds sown directly in the pots) the reservior can go on. This has consistently also been the number of days it has taken for the largest leaves to be as wide as the top of the pot. The theory is, the tap root and structure need to make it’s way down to the lower third of the pot in order to benefit from the nutrients supplied by bottom feed. There is some wicking action to pull fluids up into the pot but not enough to sustain roots way up top or too much for a tiny seedling.

I have transplanted into autopots but not often and even then, I followed the same rule of thumb of waiting until leaves exceeded the width of the pot as my indicator that the roots were established enough to be in constant moisture.

My journals have outlined (at least they once did) the process as it relates to sowing in the pot. They also outline that I do nothing to them. No bending, pinching, twisting or other stress for at least the first 28 days. This might be why my times/days have been consistent, not sure, but once you add those types of actions, my experience is zero.

Keep me tagged in if you don’t see me lurking or if you have any questions.

Personally, I would get those seedlings planted into their forever homes (AP pots) and nurture them there. The sooner you do, the sooner they can handle the reservior. I’ve seen several AP users really set things back by starting the res before the plants can handle that.

Best of luck Brother.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice, I will move them in the evening in the evening. It’s 10 days since the seeds came out. Should the soil be watered in the AP before they move? @Screwauger
Thank you Brother

2 Likes

I had great luck with the mez lights I have 2-600 2-450s 3-300s so yeah I think there great they where cheap when I bought them now I use a 630 cmh with 2-315w lec bulbs on a light mover its awesome too you will love the mez lights :wink:

3 Likes

Yes and no. I’m not familiar with “Magic Plant” is that soil-less? I use inert or soil less medium to grow in so I “pre-charge” my pots always. Precharge meaning I wet them at least 24 hrs in advance of sowing in them with a water/cal-mag/root enhancer (voodoo juice or now using super thrive).

Most of what you want to know should be found here.

4 Likes

I have read the article 20 times, it’s great, sincerely you were the reason I chose Autopot, the problem is that I put too much water, and I thought the soil would not soak it now, at least up to the original one with roots I was thinking about waiting for 4-5 days to give them some water in the AP. Did I think well? @Screwauger

2 Likes

yes. They can take quite a bit of “dry” soil/medium. I would wait at least 5-7 days before any more fluid, then only tiny amounts depending on size of pot. I grow in 4 gallon pots and a seedling gets about .5 liters every five days. But that would be way too much, just try not to saturate the pot.

3 Likes

I moved them,let’s hope everything gonna be fine @dbrn32 @Midwestnewbie @Killadruid @Screwauger in 4-5 days i give them water hope to be ok

3 Likes

Ok. Please take this with a grain of salt because I am anal about transplanting. Once upon a time I had a huge vegetable garden. My hope is that you have a process for transplanting too.

Whenever I transplant, I mix up a very weak solution of nutrients (1/4 strength or less). This acts as my transplant solution. It has always been my practice to “water-in” new seedings into a new pot or the ground. Once watered in and transplanted, at least 24 hours of reduced light (shade if outdoors).

Transplanting can be shocking for new seedlings.

My process is designed to lessen the shock and provide a recovery period.

I cannot tell from your photos if the medium is moist, wet, dry so just adding these thoughts for reference or, in case you needed to tend them at all.

3 Likes

@Screwauger Thanks for the tips, before I move them, I put 1ltr of water with 1.5ml on each pot, I know it’s a bit, APs are 25 Ltr, but I wrong with them giving them too much water, that’s why I decided to move them in the hope that they will return, you could not figure out the ground if it is wet, the pictures are not so clear, I’m sorry. In the photo below I show you what I added to the water

2 Likes

@Hogmaster @Screwauger @dbrn32 @Midwestnewbie @Killadruid As I mentioned, I have a Meizhi 600w LED is good now that I have moved the plants into the AP to fuse all the light or use only light for veg.Thank you

4 Likes

I personally use full spectrum both flower and veg lights soon (about week3) after I take my seedling out of a dome. Helps to harden off and keeps my plants short and bushy.

3 Likes

Looking at them, they are still fairly young and I would save some light for later. They don’t seem to need a whole lot at this stage but like @Midwestnewbie says, if you want them stocky and not to stretch then in aa week or two, crank it to full spectrum. Given that we just transplanted, lower light is better till they re-establish and start showing you they are growing.

3 Likes

@Screwauger @Midwestnewbie Thank you,i was thinking the same,is to early for them,i must leave them recover.in third week i am gonna turn on fullspectrum

3 Likes

@Midwestnewbie @Hogmaster @Killadruid @dbrn32 @bryan @Screwauger
Two days ago I moved them, so look now, you can guide me with, what should I do next? Thank you

2 Likes

You should definitely have both bloom and veg switched on at all times I found it makes a big difference

4 Likes