Please help new grower pleaseee

It seems my plant has came to a Halt or am I just impatient and it takes longer than it should sometimes

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

How long has she been flowering? Plants will discontinue growth and start focusing on maturing the flowers after the stretch is over, usually about 4ish weeks into flowering.

6 Likes

You’re in flower. I believe she is through growing up. Now she will put on weight.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

The more info you can provide about your plant the better the info will be!
Different strains have different habits, so dates and strain are important things to know.
Everyone here wants to help you and your plant - so don’t be shy buddy!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Please fill out this support ticket and try to take pictures in natural light welcome to the forum THE PLEASE HELP ME CHART
Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about just say so, or post NA (non applicable).

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, room
  2. Origin of water.
  3. Origin of seeds. seedbank, friend, bag seed.
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
  5. -Age of plant. Veg or flower
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?
  11. Temperature; Day and Night
  12. Humidity; Day and Night
  13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?
  14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Yes or no.
  15. C02: Yes or no
  16. Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add: Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey in order to help us understand your issues.

3 Likes

Yeah, that.

4 Likes

Like the others said

2 Likes

I wish I new the stran it was in some bud I was smokeing so I got a pot and some fertilizer and that was a couple months ago

5 Likes

@Joey4thegrow in that case good job! She’s she got some good size to her and those buds will fatten right up

1 Like

Well not a bad looking plant for sure and with those fat wide leaves it’s definitely an indica or indica dominant hybrid.
Maybe as she gets closer to done and the buds are more fully formed someone will have some ideas.
But marijuana carries so many different phenotypes we may never know!
One things for sure - treat her right and she’ll probably get you plenty high! LOL!

Best of Luck man!!

3 Likes

So welcome freind.
Nice looking job you have done with that “bag seed” as we call it.

It looks healthy from what we can see with it under the purple light.

But a few question can tell us some things that may be of use.

You say that was a couple months ago.
Couple months as in roughly 60 days from when you planted it or from when it came up out of the soil?

Also, what kind of light do you have and what is the lighting schedule its on and off?

1 Like

Nice. Being a bag seed start to watch for banners and make sure it’s not a herm. If it’s not a Hermie seed u scored good lol. If germ u’ll have some seeds most likely in the buds. It’ll be smokable stuff for sure still but better without seeds what kind of light is she under as she seems to be a bit stretchy. Good fat buds r gonna require lots of light even to keep that light and add a small Mars or spider farmer light an enfun light or something. A hlg 65 or 100 if u can get tone of them r better than any of the others mentioned first lol. Nice job for just grabbing and going tho. That’s how my wife got me started with a bag seed and a bucket with some potting soil from Walmart for garden veggies lol

2 Likes

Now that you say seeds I ran and checked and I think I see the starting of seed sacks could you confirm that they are in fact seed pods if you get a moment please and thank you greatly appreciate all the feedback

1 Like

@Joey4thegrow
Looks like hairs coming out of the sacks so female :slight_smile:

Negative good buddy.
Many people mistake the swollen calyx for “seed pod” and in a way they kinda are “seed pods”.
But if all goes well no seeds will form in them.

If the “white hairs” pistols, get some pollen on them from male parts “aka nanners” “bananas”, then they pull that pollen in and form a seed inside the calyx…

With not knowing how a bag seed was made, alot of times they are made by accident from a hermaphrodite “aka hermi” plant, this means theres is an increase chance that these seeds can also become hermaphrodites and produce seeds as well.
Many successfully grow bag seeds, my self included.
But its a good idea to be aware of what a hermi is and what to look for. So if it pops some nanners you know how to address it.

That could mean pluck 1-2 nanners off and its fine after that or it explodeds in male parts and it’s just a seed factory and may be best to trash it or anything in-between that…

Here is pictures of a full 100% hermaphrodite.
Notice the shape of the part the banana things are sticking out of.
That is a 100% male part that grew on a plant that also grew female parts “buds”.
If you get nanners in this fashion, its going to be alot of seeds!

A female plant can sometimes pop a few nanners out of her calyx right along with some white hairs, this us not good but not alway so bad.
She is stressed and if you can correct whatever is stressing her and simply pluck the nanners off, you may just save it or get a few seeds in that area…

I hope all that makes sense.
I don’t have anything pictures of nanners in a calyx, but they look exactly like a banana as seen in the pictures above. Except its sticking out of the female part…

2 Likes

Here’s a shot of nanners and calyxes mixed. There’s a pollen sac too.

3 Likes

Calyx’s are the seed pods but they need pollen to land on those hairs to create seeds

1 Like

I greatly appreciate this and the time you took to explain this thank you one more question lol then I’m done do you think it’s bad to use red and blue lights to flower or should I just use red

2 Likes

Hard to answer exactly, more red is needed then blue in flower. But I see no reason not to run both colors all the way though, especially if i didn’t have the best or strongest lights…

4 Likes