Please help need someone with a great record. Having issues with soild for a GS extreme and an LSD What soils are best. Here is what I was told to buy then was told to buy CoCo

Here is everything I have and am using. However, I want you to let me know which soils you think would be best or what combination of the different types unless you want me to stay with one. I also have been testing my PH and the water is around 6.5-6.8 ish. Please let me know which of these either for all of your seeds or some would work best in
A specific soil.

SOILS:

1. Kind Soil “Hot Soil”
  2. Coco Coco Pearl
  3. Fox Frams Potting soil- made from Ocean Forest with earth worms and bat Guano
  4. Happy Frog Potting Soil Contains MyCorrhizae & Humid Acid
  5. Fox Farms Coco Loco Potting soil.

Nutrients:
Calimag Quart 1-0-0
PH UP PH down Hydro Control kit
General Hydro Flora Gorw Bloom Micro Combo Fertilizer
Robert Bergman’s Grow Nutrients

These were everything I got and I was told by someone who has been doing this for decades and buy’s from mainly you and a few from Nirvana shop but at this point he wants you to tell me what to use since i started growing yours first. As he has helped me to pick everything out and I assume he would be embarrassed if he had to ask you these question because he has such success except with mine. So that is where I need you guys.

So you know the big three in the back are Tomato plants as I am doing other things since I live in NY and only 2 plants at a time. The Girl scout extreme is that small one and my second LSD is tall. 1 LSD grew and my GS Extreme germinated but looks very small for its age in the rooter compared to the LSD plant.

Please tell me which of the above you prefer and if you would do a combination of some of those soils. Also should I only use your Bergman’s Fertilizer or the Flora Bloom and what do you suggest with either of those so I can get these to actually grow. I am absolutes amazed, I bought the best of everything and so far something that should be relatively easy is Turning into a nightmare. If the Bergman Fertilizer which I assume you prefer how much for two plants of the starter and how much to poor into a 1 gallon water container?

At this stage.

LEDS are 600 watts made for 4x4 grow Gorilla tent and these are really LEDs not the ones online for crazy cheap prices which is impossible according to many that they are really putting that much light out. Gorilla tent, top line carbon filter and additional fan, 2 other fans, Humidity, temperature and moister checker, PH_ Water and light. Tent is around 85F degrees high, low 75 F and about 10 inches from top of plant. Temperature ranges from 75-85 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity in the tent is 10% low high 27%. No CO2 as of yet Strains 1 CS extreme and one LSD.

Yes, Ventilation system, with huge carbon filter and top of line fan and ducts to keep it fresh and cool with 2 additional fans for day and two for night if needed. Have a dehumidifier but as of now I do not need it.

I’m keeping the lights about a foot from the top of the seedlings in a grow tent with 2 fans the temperature is 75-85F. The literature said not to over water but the seedlings are very dry overnight. They are. In rapid rooters in a grow tray. Do I need them in individual pots? It’s very difficult so far. If yes what size pot and should I use a smaller one but then I might have to move it again which I would prefer not to do unless you 100% suggest it.

Also, As I have been reading some suggest to use pots with holes on the side mine only have them on the bottom. Is this an issue?

Once I mix everything would you take the one’s in the Rapid Rooter and then do what. Also with the different fertilizers should I have everything pre made in gallon bottles of water and should it be kept in the refrigerator or at room temperature room or in n a warmer room or darker. I have all of the above.

From here how is it best way I should proceed. Your help is greatly needed and appreciated especially as I believe you want me to have and find success with this as and again I was told your a top shot and I am hoping you will help me get through this odd stage of everything is growing except what i really want to grow.

What is the best set up after the Rooter do I put it with the main soil or soils in a larger pot once the roots are coming out? Fertilizer schedule. Flora Grown or Bergman’s? What light schedule, is 24 hours okay. Watering how should i keep everything from main water to the water with the fetizlizer again room temperature, heated room, in darkness room temperature,etc…

Do you ever spray the top leaves or just enough for 20% run off into the bottom of the rooter. If you want me to move them from the rooter which i think is best what size container 1/2 or full gallon and is holes on bottom okay or do I need the ones with holes on the side. Once they are in larger containers I can have those higher then the tomatoes and egg plants but at under a foot my LEDs are so strong is raises the temperature TO 90+ SO i LOWERED THE DISTANCE. what IS THE IDEAL HEAT AND WHAT IS THE HIGHEST AND LOWEST i CAN GET AWAY WITH. HOW FAR FROM THE TOP OF THE PLANTS?

Just want to thank everyone in advance who can help me get the soils right and the percentages if I should use more then one.

Thanks,
Bentley123

1 Like

Welcome! Let’s start with a couple of questions and a support ticket.

How much time every day do you want to spend on your girls or would you like to have lower maintenance? I ask because you have basically 2 choices with your purchase: soil FFOF, FFOF or soil LESS: coco being a medium. The coco will require daily care where soil doesnt.

I am a coco grower and love it but I am retired.

Your humidity is way low and I would advise doming your plants and running only 1 light.

With soil, forget about nutrients for now. If coco you will have to start feeding soon.

If you don’t already, ph up and down along with standard reference solution is important as the ph of your water is numero uno.

Solo cups make great starter pots but if you are growing autos you should go right into their forever home. If you are growing photo period then I suggest transplanting up several times to avoid over watering.

Led height should be 24" to 30" and watch for stretch. I use a 16/8 light cycle.

You cannot unfortunately mix ahead of time as minerals mix and the ph will drift from your values.

You can tag anyone by using the @sign like this @bob31.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

2 Likes

Please stop starting new thread’s, people will be confused and you will end whit nothing concrete.

thanks BOB31. Really I want the most success while trying to keep it simple if that is possible.

Basically, I need a soil or two to get rolling which of the ones would be best? If I have to go down more then I will.
I am using Soil to start at least for my first 5-10 grows once I found success or ill just stay with soil.

With Coco which of the few would you use that I alluded to above? if that is the best. I was also told the one that is not Coco it has earth worms and selfish was one of the better but it sounds from this forum that CoCo might be better, and no one has recommend the shellfish fertilizer on this site.
Pots I was going to use a gallon which i was told is the better unless you suggest something else. Currently have a small GS Extreme and a tall lanky LSD. Two different situations. All pots have holes on the bottom someone mentioned to get pots with holes on the side. I only heard this once?

I have the room set with a temp control, humidity and all PH testers.

Lights are on 24 hours as of now through the support team which suggested moving them from a grow dome to my tent. About a foot from the tallest plant.

System: a Reall 600 LED watt light which is for a 4x4 grow tent. using the gorilla with three fans and the carbon filter and exhaust.

PH is around 6.8 to 7 and I am doing run off so the bottoms get more water. Temps are in the 75 to 85 F range depending on day or night.

So far I have only used the Bergman starter fertilizer but how much should I dilute it and what percentage for a Gallon of water?

I also have the Cal Mag and flora bloom if you feel those work best.

I hope this answered some or all of your questions. if not Ill be happy to explain more if you need more answer. My main priority is to get this right and keep it that way. If its more work for me its okay but the less is always better although I am assuming these will need constant monitoring.

I look forward to your response.

Bentley123

sorry I was not sure if different people with different knowledge use different groups hence why I did that. I will not do it again as I do not want to annoy anyone.

My bad will not happen again unless I am told to try a different group.

Thanks for your advice,

2 Likes

No problem friend it was just a advice :+1:
You write a lot and it’s hard for me to read everything and understand (my native language is not English so…)
Do you grow in coco or in soil. In the both case your pH is out of range.
For coco(or soilless medium) the pH should be around 5.5 - 5.8.
For soil needs to be around 6.5-6.8! tabla-rango-PH-tierra-e-hydro-1

Hi,

So far just the Rapid Rooter but I need to get these into soil. I named all the ones i bought and can return some.

Is it best to use coco or a mix of some of my soils? Ill adjust the PH once I know what works best or has proven to work best.

All advise, guidance and help is so much appreciated especially at this point.

Thanks Again,

Bentley123

I’m a soil growers (I’m still a newbie) and that work pretty well for me and you don’t need to wach them so often…
I also put perlite in my soil to get better, around 25% perlite.

So it sounds as though you use the COCO. which one/brand do you prefer or have found good success with and you add Perilite which I have heard of. when you make the COCO Perlite mixtures soil do you use and when and you add 25% in the beginning and then do you continue to mix more in over time or is that it? if you do add more over time when do you do that or is it a schedule or only when/as needed? if you do not mind me asking?

Thank You

No I’m not using coco. Only 75%soil(low rated NPK ratio 1 - 0.6 - 0.8) and 25% perlite. I mixed them and put everything in fabric pots (i recommend using them because are great)
Anything else needs more attention…

If you have the happy frog that’s perfect for seedling, not much charge to it.
But unlike the fox farm ocean Forrest, the happy frog is soil-less so should be ph’ed to 5.8.
@bob31 is a forum volunteer and is very knowledgeable and helpful. He also starts in happy frog.
Welcome to Ilgm the best cannabis forum in the world. You can start reading the guides and download the grow bible. Lots of info around and helpful peeps to get those girls to the end.
Dig in and start reading ,the more you know the more they’ll grow!

2 Likes

To answer your main question, once you have a rooted plant, go into a solo cup that has a ton of holes using Happy Frog. Next transplant from there go with Ocean Forest.

If your plants are autos you should plant in 3 gallon pots as soon as they are rooted. If photo period then transplant up.

Final pot size for photos is at least 5 gallon and I’ve used up to 15 gallon.

3 Likes