Please help I can’t figure out what’s going on

About 6 days ago I started to notice some leaves starting to lightly yellow between the veins and since then it has just gotten worse. There are now brown/rust? Spots/small splotches as well. Last water was a feeding of almost a full dose of botanicare pro grow bloom for soil, cal mag, liquid seaweed, and recharge with the ph at 6.5. The feeding before that was with just plain water ph at 6.3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. These are also autoflowers. The strains are Violeta fresas and Bruce banner 1:1 from gansheimgenetics

The Violeta fresas is the smaller one with way more yellow than the bruce banners.

Temps
High 80 low 72
Rh
high 60 low 45
Light
Spider farmer sf-2000
Soil
Ff happy frog lightly amended in the beginning with roots organic grow and bloom from the uprising line.

Last feeding the water ec was 1.4 and it came out at 2.4 as well. If any more information is needed just let me know thank you!

3 Likes

Your EC readings suggest you are having salt lockout. Before taking actions, such as flushing, can we have your runoff PH?

2 Likes

Welcome to an amazing community @L_jack710 , you will love it here :sunglasses:. As for your problem it’s calmag for sure, your pH is on point. I’ve just recovered from the very same issue. I mixed up a full strength calmag foliar spray and full strength calmag when watering. It will take two weeks before you will notice any improvement but keep the faith. When I say full strength it was 1 mil per litre for Canna calmag. I sprayed every day :sunglasses:.
I’ve tagged you in my journal. You will see what mine looked like in post 24

1 Like

I was thinking a possible lockout from the ec being higher in the runoff. I honestly don’t remember what the run off ph was. Next watering I’ll do that or I’ll just do a sludge sample.

2 Likes

Keep us updated on the ph run off. Maybe it is cal mag as @Davyg said. I can’t affirm and curious to know what is exactly the issue here. Let us see what others say. @Hellraiser @kellydans

2 Likes

You are on the threshold for calcium lockout but not magnesium. I’m going by experience over the last two weeks. Your runoff is high and will need either plain pH’d water until it comes down or flushed, but in the meantime that is going to get worse, hence the foliar feed. It won’t take long for those ec levels to come down then water your calmag in

2 Likes

Depending on what stage of flower you are in your ec could be closer than you think.

2 Likes

First welcome to the community ! @Davyg has put up a lot of good information for you to look over. And Make adjustments accordingly. Also in the pictures see a lot of drooping leafs, after feeding or watering I would let my pots dry out about three days before watering again. and also pick the pots up after watering and before watering to check the weight will help with letting you know when to water.

2 Likes

I had just watered them the day before I took these pictures I usually wait about 3-4 days between waterings and I make sure the pots are nice and light. I’ve overwatered before and I’m not trying to experience that again hahaha.

3 Likes

@Davyg two of these should be at a ec between 2.1 and 2.2 and the other 2.0-2.1. Do I feed the foliar spray while flushing?

I would feed foliar spray constantly just now as it doesn’t affect the roots. I watered to runoff then every second watering I added a half dose of calmag. You need to get that calmag in while bringing your ec down a touch. At 2.4 you’re not that far out :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now I understood how you analysed the issue. I missed that EC 2 is about 1000 ppm. It is not too high to think about a lockout. Pretty plan so far to adjust the situation. Thanks, learned a new thing :v:

1 Like

@Davyg awesome thanks man I’ll get that prepared now to spray before the light come on. With these being autoflowers they are going faster than photos so 2 of these will be ready to harvest in about 4-5 weeks is it still safe to foliar feed?

2 Likes

I just knew the signs @GoodMafia. I double checked the ec and posted the chart after you mentioned the lockout. I should’ve done that before I posted so I’ve also learned mate :sunglasses:

1 Like

Just pay attention on bud sites. They will return to rock!

1 Like

You will be good to foliar feed. At 2.4 I would still add a little calmag when you next water. Once your ec gets to where you want it then hit the calmag. My ec was through the roof so I had to try to flush while feeding :rofl::rofl::rofl::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Not sure on spraying bud sites as that might encourage mould. Definitely spray your leaves though

So selective sniper spray I gotchu! :joy::joy: @Davyg

2 Likes

You can practice with water on house flies :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: it was intended to avoid the buds

1 Like