Please help growth rate what is slow and what is normal

I have 5 seedlings here I feel as they are being lazy! They are 1 month old and at best 2 to 2 1/2 inches tall is this normal? They look healthy other than one that has a weird curl to its leaves. They are 1 month and 1 week old they are planted in promix soil. Have had only phd distilled water fed to them until this last week. I started them on really light nutes by Roots organics player pack. I have kept my temps @ 78 to 83 degrees under 3 t5 lights with humidity @ 40 to 60 % its kinda hard for me to regulate humidity due to my area of grow

5 Likes

A picture will help us help you the curling can be cause by a few things
In most cases the first month you will have slow upward growth as the seedlings work on building a solid root system
You shouldn’t feed until you have 4-5 sets of true fan leaves
@pickles let me take this time to also welcome you to the forum
Tag me when you post the picture by adding the @ symbol in front of my user name
Happy growing CB

4 Likes

@pickles, I have had this happen to me I was definitely seeing the Twist in the leaves and unfortunately and or I managed to get them through it potency was diminished big time and I am found out that it was either a root problem or bad genetics good luck…

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! So I may be getting ahead of myself then I assume. so just let them do there thing and just go back to phd water for now?

2 Likes

I would by what you stated
Can you post a picture or two ?

3 Likes

@pickles It really isn’t normal. Fill out the support ticket and post some pics so we can help you out

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

Feeding distilled h20 can cause calcium deficiencies

5 Likes

How often have you been watering. Jas the soil ever dried up?

Roots tend to not expand if they are constantly saturated. Hence little growth.

1 Like

Yea @pickles fill out the support ticket that will help us too see what ya got goin on , for instance phd water sometimes means different things for different growers so having pics with accurate numbers it will give us something to go on.

@pickles
First i would like to welcome you to our world of growing here at ILGM

If you can get some worm casting do so and mix two or three tsp full to a gal of water and water your seedlings with it. Any hardware store should have it. If not add two or three cap full of nitrogen peroxide and one cap full of liquid thrive to a gal of water. This should give then the boost their looking for. But the worm casting is the best.

Will

1 Like

awesome thanks will have to try. they are doing much better now but man it took a bit for them to decide to take off. I think I may of stressed them out some how and they got stunted and then came out of it.

@pickles can you please post some pictures and tag me on them it would be really helpful for everyone to be able to understand root structure and good or bad genetics or maybe it’s normal but the photos we’ll talk a thousand words my friend.

If you do not answer questions like; How often have you watered, and do not fill out a grow support ticket (although, I think it is premature for a support ticket, because you told us most of what you are doing except for how wet the medium is) we can only guess what your issue is and you may compound the issue by using the wrong advice.

Happy growing, lw

2 Likes