Please help! Dwc problems

Hi guys thanks in advance for the help!
Ok so over the last week I’ve had a handful of problems that could’ve been prevented! (My own mistake)
5 days ago I transplanted one of my plants (gold leaf) from coco to dwc, It’s now 4 and a half weeks into veg
I’m using nutrafeild grow a+b ph to 5.8
So On the second day I knew something wasn’t right my plant is drooping and looks sick also slowly yellowing from bottom up, I checked the temp of my res and I was at 27 degrees Celsius So I was way to hot! I got myself a water chiller on the way, in the mean time I’m cooling the water down with ice packs keeping it at around 20 degrees Celsius
I’m now using Pythoff at 0.15 ml per l to stop any root rot! My roots were looking yellow and slimy not so good, I cleaned the roots gently with water and trimmed back the worst of them but I left plenty of root for the plant to grow and I have noticed new root growth which is good but my problem now is 4 days on and my plant is recovering on top but down low it’s getting yellow leaves, i cut all the lower growth and yellowing leaves from the plant 3 days ago but more leaves are starting to yellow and it’s from to bottom up, can anyone please help me! Here is my plant today and the nutes Im Using image|375x500

3 Likes

@Bogleg, @Myfriendis410 or @TDubWilly may be of some help.

4 Likes

Thanks man i really appreciate

3 Likes

I better tag @Covertgrower too since he is pretty sharp

5 Likes

So, how far below the net cups is the water level? Also, do you have a sufficient amount of O2 pumping into the water?
Root rot obviously will need to be fixed, until your chiller arrives I would use frozen water bottles to cool your water temps.

6 Likes

Looks like the plant is drowning, what kind of air gap the roots have between netpot and water. Everything should be dry on top with a plant that age.

6 Likes

Yep, check air gap, air flow into the water. Should look like a rolling boil.
I suspect a lack of air to the roots.

5 Likes

I would be concerned about the roots that you cut off as well as the fact that you transplanted from coco to dwc. A combination of root trimming and transplanting, she may be traumatized.
I’m also like others, water too high in your bucket can make plant look droopy.

5 Likes

The water level is just below the net pot and I have an oversized airpump with 4 stones running

4 Likes

DWC transplants that I’ve always done definitely struggled out of the gate.

I’ve cut plenty of infected roots back before and it has done nothing but help the plant as long as I leave enough for the plant to operate off of.

There are a couple of things here that I would do…

First, the chiller, and you’ve got that covered so I’ll go ahead and move to the next thing.

Water bottles - if your at home all day where you can rotate them out all day as they thaw them that’s ok, butt DWC thrives on a consistent environment, so if you goto work and just put those bottles in during the morning and your water warms up throughout the day, I personally would just wait on your chiller.

Lastly- until the chiller gets there if you have a way to pump more oxygen into the reservoir, whether it’s a bigger pump or extra pumps them I would do that over water bottles. In fact, it doesn’t hurt top have extra pumps or larger pumps laying around if your gonna grow in dwc anyways.

When the chiller arrives and it is installed, and you get a really good powerful air pump (not just cheap fish aquarium pumps), you pretty much won’t even need that pythium stuff anymore.

The plant doesn’t look to be in the verge of death or anything so try not freaking out, the chiller and a good air pump will fix you right up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XDKRYC6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CYKCFbTRQWVAE

6 Likes

Lower the water level a few inches below the net pot. Will help

2 Likes

So this is this morning, it’s hard to tell if it’s improving or not, I’m maintaining a steady temp of 19.8 in the res and my airpump is running hard with plenty of enough bubbles, I’m losing faith in this plant not sure if it’s a nute lockout my plant is not feeding on any of the nutes my ppm is not dropping , ph is still at 5.8
Ps I have grown in dwc before and have also transplanted adult plants into dwc from soil/coco, the only reason I cut roots back was because they started get slimy and gross,

4 Likes

What he said :point_up_2::point_up_2:
I was just about to say all that… lol :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Ps the nutes I am using do make the roots slightly yellow

2 Likes

Hi mate, I’m an a new user so unable to reply but I made a new acc can you please have a look at my recent reply

1 Like

I would definitely follow what @TDubWilly said as he has been a big mentor throughout my grows and still is! (Along with several others here in this community.) I just try to share my experience when I can.
He has learned to explain things in so much more detail than I can. I’ll sure help if and when I can.
Looking good. Give it some time, she’ll probably take off in a few days or so. :v: :+1: :sunglasses:

P.S. No need to create another account. Things will open up so you can participate more.

4 Likes

Thanks very much man! I appreciate all the help I can get! I have followed everything @TDubWilly has said, I’m just hoping she bounces back to life, thanks heaps guys

3 Likes

If you ever need help, you can always tag folks to get their attention using the @ symbol like @Crbnyo or @spyonyou

2 Likes

Raise your air pump above the level of the bucket. Everything I’ve read says they work better that way

3 Likes

You can gain more replies, by reading and liking more posts. @Crbnyo

3 Likes