Please help… can’t get our plants stabilized

@Noclue I had GH trio nutrients but a lot of pros used jacks nutrients

If you used any fox farm nutrients or GH nutrients just feed them one day nutrients feed and one just ph water BTW 5.8 to 6.5 on soils

I used same amount on the table of the nutrients

1 Like

I think you may have burned them up using neem oil 5 days straight days I think you are only supposed to do it once a week @Newt do you happen to know about the neem oil? Or who would

3 Likes

I don’t use neem, but I think I have seen both @Hellraiser and @AfgVet mention using it.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the guidance… it is truly appreciated.

The bottle indicated daily for 7-14 days… we haven’t used anymore of it…

That would be great… do I need to reach out to them and make that request?

1 Like

We haven’t used any nutrients but will be getting some in the next couple of days for sure… I ordered a PH Meter that was recommended, that will be here Wednesday…. So just pick a day for feeding the girls and go with that?

2 Likes

If the gnat issue should happen again what do you suggest on using? We tried the mosquito bites and that didn’t seem to do anything….

If you let that plant dry between watering you will probably not have a gnat problem.

1 Like

What brand did you use and is it ready to use?
Also did you spray with lights off and not turn back on until dry?

1 Like

Plus you always apply neem oil at lights out, they may have sprayed when lights were on. That will kill them quick.

2 Likes

I use it in veg only and captain Jack’s dead bug in flower, I only use when I see issues though. I do however use mosquito bits in every pot.

1 Like

I couldn’t get past the smell of neem oil to even use it.

4 Likes

Hi, I have a few thoughts …I’m still a noob grower and I still make mistakes but I did something very similar to a set of plants. I was using neem fighting aphids.

Let me ask when you mixed your neem did you use full strength or half strength?
Use half strength.
Also did you use some kind of soap additive?

My first time I used full strength on bottle - almost killed all the plants.
Second time I was ok on the neem but too hard with the soap.

Soap as I discovered strips the protective oils off of the leaf and can cause that appearance. The biggest side effect of neem/soap is if the soap gets into the soil it will cause major havoc on the biome in the soil. It will add to that very appearance.

Trial and error taught me when using soap (dawn I use) - 1 drop and that’s it in a 16oz sprayer no more.

I suggest - Thorough Flushing. Spray the leaves really good with non chlorinated water. A plant can survive that but it will be probably permanently stunted.

It will flower but yield will be affected. You will probably lose a lot of those leaves but the plant will most likely survive.

1 Like

Be sure to turn lights off when spraying neem and let them dry up before turning lights back on, or spray at the lights off time.

I also use mosquito bits when I have gnats, they work great but takes time it only kills the larvae in the soil so takes about 3 weeks to start seeing a reduction in the population as the adults and larvae die off. Yellow sticky traps will help reduce the adult population.

3 Likes

Looks like everyone has you covered. But to answer, I use CJDB, Mosquito Bits, and Diatomaceous Earth for pest prevention.

3 Likes

I usually soak a cap full in a gallon of water for an hour or so, then water it in trying to spread it as evenly across the soil as I can

1 Like

Haven’t watered them pots still feel a little heavy…. Any suggestions on pots for growing??

It was Capt’n Jacks ready to use… haven’t used any since messaging for advice…

Yes lights were on when we sprayed….