Please help… any and all thoughts, suggestions, tips are welcome.. amateur growers

Our plants do well and then overnight they take a turn for the worse…. Can anyone help? We are at a loss right now… light schedule was 18/6 today changed to 12/12… Bloomspect DIMMABLE SL 1000 LED Grow lights full spectrum with Samsung Diodes with reflector hood for 2x2 coverage, tent is 2x2x4, hand watering, dirt probes (measure water, light and ph), fan, humidifier (fan and humidifier come on at 6am and cut off at 1am) humidity range 65-70% temp range 77-82 degrees… temp does drop occasionally to 74… dirt used is happy frog (brown bag) there was a small gnat issue but it’s taken care of (neem oil - sprayed on dirt and plants for past 5 days) any suggestions we’ve already lost a batch of plants not being able to stabilize them… we’ve been reading up on things but we are missing something’s obviously… see pics below… we appreciate any and all suggestions…beginner growers this has not been easy as some have made it…

2 Likes

Welcome to the community ! Yeah I agree with you plants definitely not happy. If possible fill out ILGM support ticke will help growers to help you. :+1::v:

3 Likes

Where do I find a support ticket? Thank you so much for responding…

2 Likes

@Pet_de_Chien can you post a support ticket Please for @Noclue Thanks

3 Likes

Yes I’m looking for a support ticket template now… one moment please…

2 Likes

Here goes ya!

*edit updated version, my bad.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

2 Likes

I’ve answered the questions the best I can, sorry being a new grower I don’t know all the answers…. Thank you for your help with the plants it is greatly appreciated…

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? Indoor… 2x2x4
  2. Otigin of seeds? Clone and 2 we don’t know
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? I don’t know
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? Tap water, we test ph 6.8
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution? No
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. Soil happy frog (black bag)
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. Haven’t used any
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. Bloomspect dimmable sl 1000 led grow light full spectrum for indoor plants with Samsung diodes 1000 watt plant growing lamps with reflector hood for veg and bloom 2x2 coverage
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? Day…. 77 night… 74 Ish
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? Day… 65-70 night… 55
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?humidifier
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? No
  13. Co2 Yes / No? No
  14. How long have you been growing? Amateurs
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? Spent a lot of money no progress
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir? N/a

1 Like

Over watered

2 Likes

OK , The last picture. Plant throwing single leafs looks Weird almost like reveg. I would also water to run off and check the PH and PPM.

2 Likes

Do we trim any be off the plant?

It’s an overwatering problem which is leading to a bad ph in the soil and will lead to plant death…
Those soil probes are paper weights…
Plus you never mentioned what nutrients you are using and at what strength…
If you can get your watering under control you will start to see better results…
:v:t4: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

My recommendation: Get the plant dried out before you start trimming. While it’s true the damages are done and those leaves won’t look any better, let some fresh new growth emerge to give you a sign that you’re on the road to recovery before defoliating.

4 Likes

We haven’t used any nutrients what do you suggest?

2 Likes

Understood….

Dry out the plant before you water in anything. Once the pot is light I recommend dry top dressing. If you have a Home Depot look for Dr Earth. It’s new grower friendly. Later, get into other nutrients.

3 Likes

Here are pics taken just now in regular light…

1 Like

I am gonna answer a few quick Q’s , I am in the middle of a project in my own tent atm, so Ill be out for a couple hours, but I’ll come back. Some very qualified flks will likely be along to help.

Switch back to 18/6, you’re gonna need some recovery from where you are so you don’t end of with a stressed out plant going forward.

Those $10 dirt probes are a con. dont bother.

Excellent.

Haven’t had a bag that didn’t come with “Free Features”, Mosquito bits/dunks and sticky’s like you have will do a great job.

Dont spray directly on the dirt, in fact if the top 1" can be sucked out with a shop vac and replaced without hurting the roots, I recommend this. Neem is generally safe and will break down fairly quick, but you know the concept of Oil and water don’t mix.

Gonna need to step back a few steps and get a flush, and regroup and recouperate these babes if they are gonna live.

You got em as clones, so well assume they are photos, reg or fem…time will tell.
If they were autos, I’d suggest starting new beans.

5 Likes

We are near a Home Depot… I will pick that up…. Poking holes in pots now to get dried out…

2 Likes

After seeing these photos, you could stand to defoliate. Take off everything the bottom third of the plant. That’ll help airflow to get CO2 to the new growth. Then, carefully, remove any fan leaf that is shading a growth site. Only remove a leaf if it’s 50% necrotic or covering a growth site.

2 Likes

Awesome… makes perfect sense…. Getting things inline with all of the tips and suggestions…. Thank you so much….

2 Likes