Please help a noob out, how close to harvest?

This is my first grow, and honestly I never expected to get this far and actually have recognizable buds. So, White Widow (not auto), Fox Farms Soil, 2x4 grow tent (with two plants), Vivo 1000 LED, started in late June some time (didn’t journal, my first mistake of many to be fixed next time). I have spent hours staring at comparison images on the web, and I’d say these trichomes look milky, but do they? Pistils on the higher buds are mostly amber, but could that just be because they are too close to the light? Lower buds still seem mostly milky but the pistils are all white still.
How long until I harvest, and I’d appreciate any other advice. Cheers.

2 Likes

not yet, trichs are still not amber and your sugar leaves are still nice and green

1 Like

Appreciate the advice! Am I close enough that I should be flushing with water only (no nutes)? Also, what should I be looking for in the sugar leaves?

everyone has different views on flushing…I always did when I grew in dirt but only the last few days…the sugar leaves will start to get brittle / turn colors and die as she puts the last of her energy into the buds

1 Like

no…you have a couple weeks for sure…when did you first see white heads forming…from that point on expect 9 weeks…I have grown White Widow for several grows

1 Like

Oh this is great to know, thanks. White heads started to appear about 5-6 weeks ago, so based on your experience I have more like 3 weeks, which would make sense because I was expecting the buds to fill out more than they are currently.

2 Likes

Got like two weeks or so.

Want trichomes to be alot more like this.