Please follow, Starting from seed.. 3rd time grow.. first with new lights.. 2 Mars hydro 1000w

Yeah got it right next to hlg I really don’t see much difference other than price

2 Likes

There’s a video on you tube with the un boxing and par specs. Very informative and can give you an true idea of a lights true square footage.

Yeah I watched a few. I bought that light. Looks good.

Here they are. Don’t know exactly how old they are but the grow journal does. They are looking pretty.

2 Likes

@Holmes @borialis @Weedlover1 @Eagles009 @SKORPION… tag anyone that can be of assistance to this grow. I have a question. I’m running nearly 5 gals of fox farm ocean forest? I believe it’s called… I also have Botanicare CalMag and the fox farm trio as they tend to call it. With good soil can I start adding nutes to the plants the first few weeks. If so or if not… when would you recommend? Also I have seen people purposely use CalMag during every watering is this good for it to basically play defense against issues before they even happen. Should i move on to week 3 of nutrients this week… no extra green foliage nor discoloring. They look good

2 Likes

With ocean forest you should be good for 4-6 weeks from seed or transplant. Every plant is different so just read the plants on when to start to feed. When the cotes start to fade to yellow is when I would start feeding. What is the ppm of your tap water? My water comes out around 80 ppm and I can make it a couple weeks into flower without needing cal mag, as opposed to to water where they start giving it early in the plants life. To avoid the mag issue that always hits me first I just start giving cal mag at the start of flower now instead of waiting for the mag def. to show. For me it’s always mag def. Before cal def. Just be careful with the nutes. A little hungry is easier than burned / toxic. 1/4 strength usually recommended as a start point.

2 Likes

Looks like @Eagles009 has you covered. I have never used FFOF but hear it usually gets to flower before needing much!

2 Likes

hi and merry Christmas, please do 1 of 2 things- ensure the electric circuit is GFCI protected in the panel or get a GFCI plug for the extention cord,this is one from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MM3Z6C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 the floor will get wet at some point in time… be safe, cocomm4

1 Like

Update:
Plants are in the 4th week of vegetation. I plan to go to 6 weeks. I got some seedlings I started late. I’m going to end up potting them and shortly after switch to 12/12 as I have no where else to put them.

1 critical mass
2 ZZ (zkittlez)
2 cherry pie are almost in veg
2 Bruce Banner #3 are baby seedlings they just popped open 2 days ago.

3 Likes

Plants look good but small are you counting 6 weeks from seed or from potting up? If you went longer with these would the others catch up so you could flower together?

1 Like

Today…

3 Likes

They blew up since last picture. Transplanted yesterday. I’m just going to go 2 more weeks of veg and bloom them all. Just read the trichomes to tell when they’re done.

1 Like

Last picture I took of the girls. About to switch to 12/12… and look :eyes: one of the babies from the beautiful critical mass!!

3 Likes

So I transplanted my clones. I ended up with 8/9 taking root. I planted 5 of them. This was the most vigorous one. It was the critical mass from last post.

3 Likes

Actually checked today and the last one has started rooting. 100% success on my first try. Beginners luck!!

1 Like