Please follow, Starting from seed.. 3rd time grow.. first with new lights.. 2 Mars hydro 1000w

So I just found out last night that my timer hasn’t been on the correct setting so they have been getting 24 hrs of light… I turned it back on so it had about 2 hours in the dark cycle last night. Should they be alright. I guess my theory is they would enjoy the night period anyway so it shouldn’t hurt them.
Any knowledge on this would be great
@borialis @Holmes @SKORPION

1 Like

They will be fine.Some growers use a 24 hour cycle in veg.I prefer 18-6.

2 Likes

X2 They will never know it!

2 Likes

Think they will enjoy the dark cycle? They’ll cool off a little every night.

Update… transplanted today. One of my girls was wilting at just about 2 weeks old… didn’t know what to do so I transplanted and realized she was nearly root bound…

3 Likes

Will upload a pic of the girls in their new homes later. Jumped up to a 5 gal… them girls are gonna spread them wings… (Roots)

2 Likes

Putting them in a the flower tent. 4x8 off brand from Amazon. Seems to be really heavy duty material and light steel poles and corners. Will be set up tonight and then I’ll get a handful of pics for you guys! Thanks for following along.

2 Likes

So I assume you can have too big of tent for your grow lights capacity…? Is this correct. Seems the 24 was way brighter overall then the 48… I’m supposed to get another set of ilgm feminized seeds this week. Planning on having 2 plants of each strain. I currently have 2 zkittlez and 1 Crit Mass… so when I receive them I’m going to germ and propagate 5 more total. 2 Ilgm Cherry Pie, 2 ilgm Bruce Banner “sounds like this stuff takes the hulk(anger) out of the scientist… the grower/smoker” lol. If it can tame the hulk to Bruce Banner than it can tame me to be nice and chill! And then one more of the critical mass. Most likely they will be started in the 2*4 in a propagation dome with a 4 bulb 6500k t5… my first light. I don’t have my fan systems or the power to run really so I might have to just leave the 2x4 doors open. Then move the 2x4 t5 on one half of the tent and my two marshydro t1000 on the other. Or possible have it go Mars t5 Mars. With t5 in middle and rotating my plants every couple days?? Once flowering comes though I will have trellis nets set up so no moving around after that. I can’t afford a 4x4 coverage led right now so idk. Advice please ladies and gentlemen… @Holmes @Weedlover1 @borialis @SKORPION

1 Like

1st zkittlez is the oldest
2nd one and Crit Mass are same age.

3 Likes

You are definitely going to need more light if you are going to have that many plants!

1 Like

But would my idea suffice? I have both 6500k and 3000k bulbs for both veg and then flower. Or maybe just pack them into half the tent for this grow. Fill out atleast the 4x4 half with 8 plants…

Depends on how big they get before you flip to 12/12 and how much they stretch afterward. 8 decent size plants will fill a 4x8 plus you need room to move around and for equipment and if you lst or train any, they are going to be spread out. If you plan on using 4x4 you still need 480 watts for veg. that is 30watts sqft and you can flower with that but not ideal. 40watts sqft would be nice with dense fat nugs! I am not trying to deter you I just want to be sure you know what to expect! I started with 500 watts of chinese blurple and had 21 ozs off three plants, then I got a good light and seen the difference!

1 Like

They look great,but light is a limitation. You will probably get a decent yield,but nothing like you could and the quality is so much better.Double what you’re going to get now if not more.I did 4 grows with burples not knowing any better,then I got on this site and it’s night and day.I run HLG and Spider Farmer,and a couple Mars Hydro for supplemental in the corner.

1 Like

1 Like

I looked at that one scorp. You personally use it?? Are you saying I can have my 2x-ts1000 on one side of my tent and this light on my other? To fill out a 4x8?
@SKORPION

I’m definitely trying to grow and sell and then reinvest in better lights or more atleast

I plan on vegging them to 2.5-3ft from soil. And plan to LST and SCROG. Idk if I should top them. I always have in the past some times twice to make 4 main colas. What’s peoples take on topping if I’m going to LST N SCROG?

1 Like

What light do you use? And what size tent?

1 Like

I’ve done a lot of budget led searching. Weighing unknowns (alibaba) vs sure thing (hlg) scouring all the lights claiming to be using 301b/h. I settled on a 500 watt qb style knockoff from eBay that I honestly love. Getting great dense buds from it. But after all the research if I could do it again I would get a 600 watt bar style led from the king brite alibaba store @Nicky champions for them. When I saw his multiple posts about them I checked it out and assuming quality, the bang for the buck is best I’ve found.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

1 Like