Soil = Pro Mix HP PH 7.0

Nutrients
GH Flora Grow
GH Flora Micro
GH Flora Bloom
Silica Blast

PH = 6.0

Soil Mix after adding nutrients is PH 6.`1

I started growing over 1 year ago on my own using Mexican Bag Seed outdoor in a indoor setup NO crop yet so I don’t know what I’m doing out there is a lot of bad stuff on the internet that didn’t work for me

Found good seed company (ILGM) and bought some good seeds and with it comes this wonderful Forum

Changed my whole setup to time proven Method I got from this forum transplanted my girls to new soil Pro-Mix HP switched from organics to GH Flora grow,Micro,Bloom Silica mixed to PH 6.0

The problems come in where I was using the finger method to check moister and my finger lied to me Iwas watering every 3rd day 1 gallon since the I ordered a moister meter and it tells me 3 inches down is wet but it feels damp to me 4 inches down and lower is shows soaked so it’s going to be a while before I can use the GH Flora stuff what I have on them now is organics and the nitrogen is too hot 46-0-0 and from the internet it looks nitrogen toxic dark green leaves and sines of over watering dropping leaves at bottom of plant sorry about the miss aimed pictures I only have one eye and it only has 30% vision so most things are a struggle for me

I hope I didn’t kill my plants all I want is 1 successful grow

4 Likes

You are in right place, tons of members here that can help you fix grow problems even when you think it’s too late. I’m still learning and new to this type of grow but if it’s showing the bottom is soaked even after 4-5 days since your last feed. I’d recommend putting a few more holes in the bottom and possibly around the sides(near the bottom) This should help with drainage and air circulation in the soil. Just my 2 pennies but the ladies look lovely. Good luck

3 Likes

looking good. i let the plants tell me when they are thirsty. i never water until the leaves start to sag. maybe it is my living on the edge lifestyle, but it seems to me that they like the dry period. it keeps bugs, mold, and root rot away and they perk up so fast after being watered. i’ve been doing this for years and never an issue.

*no problem… should have read through… i didnt know i was only allowed like 2 comments or i would have been more choosy with them. i cant comment now for like 21 hours. stupid. guess i’ll log off and try again another day.

3 Likes

thanls I got it now

1 Like

I can tell you that overwatering causes many issues. It caused my plants to appear to have a nutrient deficiency because they were drowning and couldn’t feed. Drowning your plants is bad. Ask me how I know :thinking:
Anyways I am still a rookie on my first grows (indoor and out). So I could be incorrect here.
I use promix bx which is about the same as hp. I add 20-30% more perlite
I use the cloth pots 7 gals outdoors(I will use larger next time ) when I check my bigger plants for watering I pick them up. When they are very Light I water them. If they have any weight to them I WAIT to water.
Another thing I’ve noticed about promix is it absorbes liquid like a sponge. And stays moist (not wet wet ) for a while.
My small indoor plants in a3 or 5 gal cloth pot aren’t watered enough to feel the weight yet. I will dig around in the promix by hand to feel if moist or wet.
Moisture probes will work ok also once you get the hang of what it’s telling you.
I can probe my little ladies :innocent: media and can tell how deep and how far away the moisture is.
And lastly I have read on here that promix media likes PH 5.8-6.2 I believe. I fluctuate my ph throughout the range so will get all the nutrients
My little girls indoors get liquid mostly 2-4 days
My big ladies outdoors tell me when they are thirsty. Some every day (it’s been hot :hot_face:)
Some 2-4 days
All this info I have gotten off this forum by spending way to much time reading others posts and asking questions
Hope this helps
JMHO Good growing

1 Like

when you water indoors how much do you use I using 1 gallon per feed

The only suggestion I have for you , is to keep things clean and sterile… your grow area looks pretty dirty and that’s just going to lead to problems and bug issues , especially since your in soil… :wink:
Plants look good tho… :grin:
:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

thank you

1 Like

There ya go!

1 Like

When I used buckets I drilled a crap-ton of 3/4 inch holes up the sides of the buckets and 20 or so on the bottom. That helps but not as much as using fabric pots. There is a reason they are so popular. Most of us pick up our plants to determine how dry the media is. A little bit of experience and you’ll be doing the same.

2 Likes

got 7 gallon bags ordered I have to order everything

3 Likes

My indoor girls are smaller than yours and right now they get 1/2 a solo cup poured over a solo cup to ring around the plant and not directly on her.
Outdoors 2-3 gallons each