Plc Photo Boost strip light engine

Plc currently has them in stock. For anyone looking to buy. @dbrn32

2 Likes

That was fast!

I’ve got 10 ordered.

1 Like

Sweet! Did you get heatsink extrusion and drivers too?

Not yet.
I’m going to go with the heatsinks they recommend and 2 hlg-185 (as you recommended).
I’ll be bugging you for design advice when I gather all the parts.
I hadn’t planned on building another light so soon. I just went with it.

1 Like

I hear you. I’m tempted to grab some, but I think I’m going to hold off and wait on the Samsung strips. I’m expecting them to be pricey

Ha. If $28 on sale isn’t pricey, I don’t want to know about the Samsungs.

1 Like

Arrow has something like $32 if you order 120 or more with 8 week lead time up. I’m expecting $40ish each.

1 Like

Maybe the next light build…

1 Like

I hear you. I don’t even have a place to put one, but I’d still like to check them out.

1 Like

A little build help

3 Likes

@dbrn32
I’m wondering about strip spacing on the 80/20.
In the video he’s using 20" of 80/20, with the strips placed approx 4" apart, for a 24" wide grow area.
I’m looking at a 36" wide grow (or slightly more if it’s enough light). If I follow his spacing, Five 1" strips wide, w/ 4 inches between, is 25". Is that wide enough to hit the outer ends of 36"? Should I space them 5" apart instead, giving me a frame that’s 30" wide?

1 Like

I would go to like 30" give or take, whatever makes sense close.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. Just wanted to run it by you.

1 Like

I just might try to build one of these. It looks simple enough. Would be perfect for my 2x4 tent. I’m not sure my Viaspectra 700w is enough. Although I have had some decent results, I think this light would do me better.

1 Like

Although I don’t have actual experience yet, data suggests it would be far superior to your viparspectra.
I’m expecting it to be better than the qb’s, cobs and diy bridgelux strip lights I currently run.

2 Likes

Watt for watt it is. Not a ton better, but better lol.

2 Likes

I’m not expecting my plants to suddenly start pumping out an lb each of rock solid killer bud. If the plants are happy, my electric bill is happy, and I get a slight increase in bud quality, I’ll be overjoyed.

Every grow gets a slight improvement. Every grow I learn something.

3 Likes

Hands down better than mine? I want to build this so bad. lol

1 Like

I don’t remember what you are using?