PlatoGrow 1st Grow Ever

She looks like she bounced back. I would just do a clean feed then nutrients from now on. So every other watering do nutrients

1 Like

Sounds good to me.

I have a question about cloning and planning the next set of plants. I only have 1 4x4x8 grow tentā€¦ how would I go about cloning if my current plant will switch to flowering in a few weeks and the light becomes 12 on/12 off? A clone needs 18hrs of light right?

Iā€™d like to clone this plant at least twice, then buy 2 (or more) clones from Harborside for the next grow, just not sure when/how to clone.

Oh also, I only have this 1 LED light in the tent right now. Will this support 4+ plants?

Is it safe to top this plant where marked? I bought her as a closer in rock wool April 4. Sheā€™s been on fox farm nutrients since April 27.

Maybe 1 node up? I might be a little late, but want to train her somehow (just learning about this). Can I top and tie the branches downto grow more horizontally?

@iGrowBud

Reading more, it seems like super cropping might be the best option for this plant at this stageā€¦ Would I just pinch and tie down the branches about halfway up to the top to flatten it out? Or could I simply pinch the ones above where I drew the red line?

May 10

• Looking pretty good, just vegging away

May 12

• Starting to get bushier in the middle from top-down

May 14

• Sheā€™s looking really healthy, but starting to get a bit tall. Started reading about trimming/topping/super cropping
  • Watered today with plain 6.2pH water

May 18

• Fed her nutrients today (week 4 of the schedule), noticed sheā€™s definitely reaching up the middle and need to do something to flatten the canopy
  • Read through different options online to see what would be best for this plant
    • Considered topping the plant, but since sheā€™s a clone, the branches donā€™t offshoot uniformly up the plant so wasnā€™t she if that was the right solution
    • Looked into super cropping which is ultimately what I decided on because it seems like this plant is at the right stage with strong roots and good growth
    • Also read about simply tying down branches to train them to grow more horizontally

May 19

• Followed this guide on how to super-crop it. Only ā€œsoftā€ ties I have are the underside of zip ties so used that and then gardening string to tie down other branches to train.
  • Weā€™ll see what happens eek.

(something wrong with the rich text editor on the forums, canā€™t add pics) See Notes from growing Super Lemon Haze in 2020 - Google Docs for pics.

May 27

The super cropping worked really well, and Iā€™ve slowly been pruning leaves that create shadows (that are under new growth sites). Need to take more pictures as this day is all I have right now
Also growing some basil, oregano, chives, tomatoes, cucumbers, and dill from seed on the floor to add to the veggie garden.

Flush
May 28
Performed my first flush before switching to flower. Put her (with cookie rack underneath) over a 5 gallon bucket still in the tent and first did a gallon of the 6.4pH water mixed with 2tsp of Sledgehammerā€¦ then I read a flush should be 3 gallons per gallon of container soil, and most just use the tap and donā€™t worry about water pH. So I ran the garden hose through to fill up the 5 gallon container twice, with the last 2 gallons being a gallon of plain distilled water, and then distilled water mixed with 2 more tsp of Sledgehammer.

May 29
Donā€™t have any pictures, but she looked great after the flush. Will check in 2 days whether she needs more water as she is thirsty now. Will start on week 5 from the feeding schedule to switch to flower when she needs to be watered.

May 30
Started decreasing the light schedule by an hour per day until it gets to 12 on/12 off. So today it changes from 7pm - 1pm to 7pm to 12pm.
Will likely end with a 9pm - 9am schedule to avoid the light being on for really hot days.

1 Like