Plants wilting mostly wedding cake

Wedding cake auto
Plant has been wilting after lights go out. In morning they are wilted.
Think was under watering.
So gave them a drink before lights out. This morning wedding cake ( back right) still wilted a bit NL( back left) not really.
Have new soloarxtream 1000 so been trying to dail that in also.
Any input ?

1 Like

I would water as the lights come on at the start of their day not at the end. I water until I see a little bit of runoff. I add a half gallon then leave it for a bit then I add a bit more and keep going until I see runoff then stop

2 Likes

Normslly water in AM but lights I think was dryung them out. Do a bit of run off then stop

1 Like

Sorry for the delay my grandson was over. They take up nutrients when the lights come on. So they’re looking for something that isn’t there. Water slowly, maybe a half gallon then walk away for 10 minutes or so then do the same. Keep going until a little water appears at the bottom. Add a little more the following morning, again looking for a little runoff. Should take less this time, that will properly hydrate your soil and your ladies. Then just keep an eye on things from there :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Tommyboy123. Plants will normally droop before lights out.
Some strains are more light sensitive than others.
The newer light is probably stronger and they get tired after an 18 hr day too.
As @Davyg said. Water thoroughly and let dry in between.
Your plants will love u for it. :wink::v:

4 Likes

Promblem is in morning totally wilted. Been watering everyday in morning. Think between the light xtream 1000 and being thirst girls they may needed a drink before bed.
Seemed to help a bit but still wilted a bit this morning. Raised the light a bit.

1 Like

That may be your issue - overwatering. In general an overwatered plant will have droopy leaves. An underwatered plant will usually have droopy stems and droopy leaves.
Wait until the soil is dry before watering again. Then, water until you get about 10% runoff. Wait until dry and repeat. Marijuana thrives on a wet-dry-wet cycle.
You can pick up the pot and gauge the dryness by weight, or you can stick your finger into the soil up to the second knuckle. If the soil still feels moist, keep waiting before watering again.

4 Likes

Yea… I get that. Overwatering wouldnt occur just at night.
Literally whole plant goes limp

If it’s an auto than why are you shutting the lights off anyway? Auto flowering plants will flower on there own in 24hr light. That’s the whole point of them, is that you don’t need to cut lights back or anything for them to flower. If you are growing autos and cutting the light back then you’re essentially wasting 12 hrs of light that they could 100% use to grow more, for no reason

overwatering is super common. Not just seedlings.

2 Likes

On 20/4 been told giving them some sleep is best. And been growing them for a year… And getting good harvests

3 Likes

Yea… Get that. Not over watered or under. Not my first grow. But when light come on at 4am they are wilted. Stems /leaves . then perk up a bit after few hours

@Tommyboy123. Just had a thought about the drooping leaves.
Are the roots warm enough or are they on a cold floor ?
Cold root zone will cause drooping to last longer after lights on.
A little bit that recovers within a half hour after lights on is considered normal.
Good luck.
:+1::v:

1 Like

Yea stays pretty much 75 in tent. Thought of that. I did lower down to floor cause of lights. Ac comes in but again stays right around 75.
Been fighting lights as rhey are new. Buds seem to keep foxrailing so dropped plants down so can get 28" from lights.lol this grow is kicking my butt

1 Like

Ohh, gotcha man. I’ve never done that with autos!

1 Like

Are you having a humidity spike with lights off? I know I do, but with my extraction fan set to suck at 55 Rh I prevent that spike from remaining.

Oh why didnt I think of this one… forehead slap! Are your plants rootbound? If so that may be the cause. I had that exact problem last winter. I noticed my plants leaves were droopy? Thought I had over watered, so I left em for a day, nope? So I watered… still droopy. By this time I started to notice some deficiencies because I was using promix and supersoil. It became immediately apparent the plant had hit the walls of my pots and ran out of food! No matter how much water I put in the plant stayed droopy. I potted up and the day after all was good again. This may not be your shituation but it may well be? Hope you resolve your issue soon my friend.

1 Like

Lol!!! I doybt it tho. In 15 gallon air pots. Checked Moister they go9d thete msu need h2o in morning. This mornining…limbs leaves drooped like deputy dogs ears. So sad. I’m outta ideas.
Not new yo growing.indoors about 1 year maybe 2. Outdpors spent fee years outside denver had nice stuff. But … The lights been mesding with me finding the sweet spot. Need a meter for par so i can stop guessing. But powerful as hell those extream1000 .
Going see if they bouce back. Run 9ff othet day was about 6 so not horrible.