Plants vegging slow

Gonna yah a few people I seen giving out some good advice around the forum. Maybe they can help me out a bit. @Southerngal @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @repins12 @kettle @Dieselgrower
Hope you guys can help.

1 Like

@Kamdo Go to this and see if this helps. It’s early am and getting ready for work, I am still shaking off the cob webs in my brain. I will look more in depth when I got my sh** a little more together. I hope this helps. If you don’t find the problem you are having let me know and I will tag a few people :v: Also try @garrigan62, he is very knowledgeable in this area

2 Likes

Hi @Kamdo! Thanks for the tag! I’m new myself and not really good at diagnostics. One of these guys will get you sorrows tho!! Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

@Kamdo ,

Looks like you have " NITROGEN DEFICENIE

HERE IS A COULPE OF PICS AND THEN THE FIX

th2XV71QYK
thJ9CM2H1T

The reason for this is, because a newer grower will use a chemical nutrient
most of the time and listen to the directions on the box. This is a NO NO!
Depending on the age of the plant, size, strain and soil mixture you are using
also has a factor. There is no set guideline when using nutrients, but I can
give you a good example to start out with so you will not burn your plants.
It’s always good to start out light, rather than feed heavy. Remember you can
always add more later, but can not take out when you added to much. Chemical
and Organic nutrients differ. Chemical nutrients are more readily available
and can burn way easier than organics can. Organics are easier for a newer
grower to use, most of the time, and lessen your chances of burning your plants.
I recommend not using more than ½ teaspoon of chemical nutrients per gallon
of water. Unless the plants are very big 5 feet+, then it’s safe to use 1
teaspoon per gallon of water. When your plants first emerge you want to wait
at least 2 weeks before feeding your plants, unless your plants are in a soiless
mixture, like pro mix. The cotyledons (its first set of round looking leaves) are
what give the plant its food until they get the first 2 or 3 sets of leaves. If
your plants are in a soiless mixture and are over the first week of age; you can
feed a weak amount of nutrients, like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water. Soiless
mixtures are different from soil plants and soiless plants need to be fed more
when using this mixture.

I also recommend not feeding more than 1 time a week if using ½ teaspoon per
gallon of water for chemical nutrients. You can feed every other day,( this
goes for chemical and organics) at very weak amounts, but doing this may contribute
to over watering, and for that I do not recommend feeding more than once a week.
Some people feed 2 times a week using like ¼ teaspoon per gallon of water… Use 1/4
strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from the 2nd feeding when
using chemical nutrients. It’s very easy to overdo it. When using organics, depending
on which one you’re using, I recommend using 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. When the
plant gets bigger you can work your way up to using more nutrients when the plants
get bigger.

As for soil mixtures, there are a lot of different kinds of soil’s out there. Using a
rich soil mixture is not recommended for seedlings. Seedlings that are under 2
weeks of age you do not want to start them in rich soil, using a seed starter
mixture is one of the safer ways. Seed starter mixtures are weak in nutrients,
so it will not burn the seedlings but will provide them enough to get past seedling
stage, but the downside is you have to transplant into a better soil mixture after 2
weeks of age. If you decide to start with this mixture, do not put your seedlings
into a big pot. Start them out with using a cup or a small pot.

Nutrient Burn causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. They can also be brown
and twisted and crispy looking. Depending on the severity it can show many different
symptoms and shows on lower part of the plant when its young, at older stages it
can move anywhere on the plant. The burn will creep into the center of the leaf
causing it to curl and dry up. It depends on the specific nutrient that is in excess.
For example, too much nitrogen causes leaves to curl downwards and too much potassium
creates brown spots near the edge of the leaf. Either way, nutrient burn may potentially
kill your plant or lead to it having a strong chemical taste.

To fix the problem when you have Nutrient burn, you want to flush out the plants
with lots of water.

Soil

Soil should be flushed with lots of water, Use 3 gallons of water per one gallon of soil.
Flush very thoroughly, after plant recovers usually after a week, you can resume using
nutrients after a week or a week 1/2. When you flush your soil, you flush everything out,
a lot of nutrients go with it, including the soil nutrients.

Hydro `````````````````
Change out the reservoir, flush out any lines and clean out the entire system and
replace with plain water for the first hour, then start out with lower parts per
million (PPM)
Its good to clean out your system every 2 weeks and replace with fresh water and
nutrients. Some people change everything every week!

Ahh, nute burn! Stop this by not adding to much chemical/organic nutrients to your
water,foliar feeding. DONT feed more than 1 time a week unless using weak amount,
use 1/4 strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from then on when
using chemical nutrients. Its very easy to overdo it. Causes leaf tips to appear
yellow or burnt. NEVER give nutrients to plants that are under 2 weeks of age, at
this age the soil nutrients are enough to suppliment them untill 2 weeks of age or
more depending on how good your soil is. Using ferts before 2 weeks will almost
likley kill your plants.

2 Likes

@Kamdo. Sorry I thought that I had posted this link earlier
https://ilgmforum.com/t/charts-graphs-and-pictures/37476

1 Like

You certainly have some nutrient issues but, if you have been trying to grow in tiny pots (<3 gal) then you can expect small plants. The plants can only get as large as the root structure can support. When they get root bound, they really slow down on growth and start to have nutrient issues unless your really keep on top of things. pH gets out of wack and then the trouble starts.

Getting them into the larger pots with new soil may solve a lot of your problems.

Happy growing.

1 Like

Thank you all so very much. That link is super awesome. Great stuff in there tyvm for that one @repins12 thank you also for the info @garrigan62 very helpful. Yes pots were probably a bit to small. I didn’t wanna transplant and cause more stress on plants in their weakened state but appears that’s what I needed to do from the beginning. I’ll keep everyone updated and post pics. Again tyvm for all the feed back and help. You guys and girls are great.

1 Like

Looks like Will and the others have you covered. Feel free to let me know if I can help with anything else though.

I FOUND THE CULPRIT!!!
I have a 150 gallon freshwater fish tank. I test monthly the water conditions. Today I tested ph with my digital meter Ph was 5.7 which is a little off from the normal of a very stable 6.1 in my tank. I then used multi strip. ph was (here it comes) 6.6 I was like wtf?? So I busted out the freshwater master kit. Ph still 6.6. Calibrated my digital meter ph read 7.4
So in short my digital meter was WAY off. So it’s hard to tell what the actual PH really was when I was watering. Ordered a new one today and from now on will double checking with the liquid kit and strips just to make sure.

1 Like

I stored up 100 gallons of water PHed to 6.5
Tested with strips and liquid kit actual ph was not readable WAY TO LOW. I’m going to guess around 4 ish. Guess that explains the problems huh.
Ordered me another Digital meter be here tomorrow.
@dbrn32 yup they doing me right for sure. Ty all.

1 Like

@Kamdo, It has been my experience that the PH will change when water sits. Re-test before watering your babies :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :v:

1 Like

Even in an air tight container? @repins12
I will definitely have to start checking every water. I was just checking at nute times.

Yeah, I put mine in a gallon jug with a screw on lid, empty distilled water for my bi-pap machine and it goes up 1-3 on the Ph scale in a day. 6.5 outta my tap next day 7.5-9. Make sure that you test PH also after adding nutrients as this also changes the PH, I have been checking mine in a shot glass directly outta the gallon jug before watering. My first plant I kinda geezed on as, us old folk do every once in a while but, I have been on it every since I calibrated my pens over the weekend. I think that I am close to the end of my first indoor grow start to finish. I am not at all dissatisfied with the outcome, this was just a trial run and I kinda jumped the gun on starting my plant and so on and so on. If you read my journal you will Know what I am talking about. This forum is OUTFREAKINGSTANDING in my book. I have learned a lot and will continue to adapt and adjust. This indoor sh** is a lot different than outdoor but, as always, I will keep on keeping on and adapt and adjust along the way. I have never cloned a plant except by accident and you are ahead of me in that aspect. This is a constant learning aspect and I don’t ever look at it as, I did something wrong, I just learned how not to do it the next time. I have grown plants outdoors guerilla style for years, this indoor sh** is new to me. I never paid attention to all of this sh** before. Just like any endeavor that I take on, I always try to be the best that I can be and the day that you think that you know everything is the dat that you need to find something else to do. Just my opinion. Just put the 3rd drink in my hand and getting ready to fire up the vaporizer. Have a great evening :v:

@repins12 I hear ya man. I been reading these forums ALOT and there is definitely some absolutely awesome advice and information here.
Yeah I got the cloning down no prob for me that’s the easy part lol.
I always ph before adding nutes and after adding them just to make sure. I wasn’t testing watering tho like a rookie. I will now tho lol. Lesson learned.
All the soil types (what you don’t/should use, amendments, soil composition and that jazz) is a bit foreign to me atm but I will learn and grow as always. I never think of anything I do as a fail. It’s just a lesson (sometimes a harsh one) on what not to do next time. I absolutely love growing and everything that comes with it be it good, bad, pretty, or ugly.
Any person that’s says they know it all on anything needs to start something else.
As my dad always said “no one knows everything about anything son remember that.”

1 Like

Getting ready for the Chop, Chop

5 Likes

@repins12 oh that looks nice. Looks like you did a good job man.
As soon as I saw that image i pictured my self lightly tapping the stalk and I swear I could smell it as soon as I thought that lol.
We need smell-o-vision ASAP :joy:.

1 Like

It’s a 00 Bubble Gum, Purple Haze and AK 420 are up next’ Smell-O- Vision HELL. I want SMOKE-O-VISION for some of this sh** I have been seeing on this forum

1 Like

@repins12 sounds good man.
Oh hell yeah smoke-O-vision would be awesome.
I would settle for smell tho as I love the smell of cannabis growing. No matter the phenotype (new word I learned from the forums :grin:).
Wish I could get some better seeds. It’s not really legal where I am so I gotta do a semi covert op kinda grow. Not to bad since I’m out quite a bit with no neighbors but still got that lingering over me ya know. Wish I could find a place that discretely ships good seeds to my location in the US.
I guess it’s bag seeds for me atm tho. Atleast till I get the time and resources to travel a few hundred miles for some good quality seeds. I’d low to try my hand at auto’s once I get some more experience. Once those pop they don’t stop so no time to fix fuck ups like watering with 4 ph water :smirk:

Oh here are the nutes I am using.
Calls for a 2 part mix
Tell me what u think about them.
What dosage?
Are these good, bad, alright, terrible?

Part One