Plants to close to each other?

I was wondering if there’s a certain amount of space each plant should be given when they’re lined up next to each other (during veg and flower)? Is it okay for the plant’s leaves to be touching each other or should there be some space between each of them? Thank you for all replies. Something I think about but was never sure of. -neck

2 Likes

It’s nice to have space in between them that way you are able to get to everything but I can’t lie I ran out of room to where they are touching you just have to watch them

5 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate the response. That’s pretty much what I’m doing. I am giving about an inch or two between each of them, but I’m also using a parabolic hood so I have to kind of keep them close. I’m able to rotate them and move them around I just didn’t know if there was a rule of thumb to follow, etc. Thank you.

2 Likes

Some growers focusing on market top shelf buds actually plant a lot of plants close together and harvest only the center buds…

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I did not know that. Thank you for the info. I may have to try that some time down the road.

2 Likes

I am doing it this winter in my greenhouse somewhat…
I plant 3-4 seedlings in each 65 gallon pot , its not too close bud it will be tight…

2 Likes

I was going to make similar comment to @Ragnar, he beat me to it lol.

It’s commonly referred to as sog or sea of green method. Their goal is to direct the whole amount of photosynthetic energy a plant produces into a small single cola plant. And then pack their grow space full of them. By the time they get close to harvest you can barely tell one plant from the next.

Some people love it, others prefer exactly the opposite. But there’s absolutely nothing wrong with your plants touching if you don’t mind dealing with them.

5 Likes

Thank you. Appreciate the help

1 Like