Plants look wilted

I water every 3 days.1quart in 3 gal pots.Not using nutes just Happy Frog soil.This condition is only on the top of the plants.Sometimes the tops hang down.A little help please

1 Like

You could up the volume of water at each watering. They’re drying out with that little at a time.
They’re going to get thirsty over the next few weeks as the flowers form.
:wink::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

During early flower they need more of everything. You should be watering to runoff. And quite frankly, I am surprised they are not showing any other signs of deficiencies. At this stage of flower they have higher demands for phosphorous (P) and potassium (K).

3 Likes

That’s most likely because of the small amount of water being used. It’s often said around here that “Happy Frog lasts about 4 weeks” or “Ocean Forest lasts about 6 weeks” but that’s somewhat dependent on how much fertilizer you are rinsing out of the soil each time you water to runoff.
That green is pretty dark, though… they could use a little less nitrogen and a little more phosphorus and potassium.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing about amount of water and not having to replenish nutrients yet. They don’t look all that small. Curious as to why they are not screaming to be fed.

1 Like

I checked runoff 6.7ph and ppm is 2700 should I feed

Given they have not received any nutrients yet, the 2700 must be the baseline for FF HF soil although it does seem high. I would expect something more in the 1500 - 2000 range.
Curious, what strain is it?
I think it is time. Low dose to start. Use 50% recommended flower dose in next water. Continue to water to runoff. Be sure to check runoff ph and ppm on this one.

Girl Scout Cookies Extreme.Thanks for advice.Will water till I get runoff and start nutes at 50%.Should I run veg and flower light at same time.

Yes - they pretty much want all of the light they can get during flower. Just watch the height and top leaves. Maybe start a little higher then lower the light to what is recommended distance.

2 Likes

Under watering, I’d double the amount of water. When my plants are in 3 gal pots, they get a half gallon of water.

2 Likes

Thanks man.Will double

3 Likes

@Thumper1 do you have any wind blowing down on the tops of your plants?

1 Like

I do have a large fan blowing across the top

I think therein lies your problem. The leafs below look fine which tells me it “might” not be a nitrogen problem Too much wind will damage the leaves and effect the growth of the buds if not corrected. Have you noticed a drop in your ph?

Sorry if anyone misunderstood. I wasn’t implying that the too-green state of the leaves had to do with the wilting, @beardless and I were just discussing that at this stage of growth, the plant should be given less nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium.
@Thumper1 your plants look good enough that I wouldn’t worry about that slight bit of wilting. But definitely start giving them more water.

1 Like

No brother! I definitely am not implying that any body is right or wrong. Just an experience that I’ve learned the hard way. Everybody has different experiences and it’s not wise to discredit someone else’s experience We will never say it’s just one way or another. All things to consider. Any reasonable person knows that.
:wink::+1:t2::sunglasses:

I agree with everything above. With all the variables, My experience is also a possible option to consider.

1 Like

Thank u all for the help.They look good this morning

4 Likes

Wow! You gone get high!! Awsome job! :+1:t2: :sunglasses: