Plants grow really slow, what should I do?

A question of a fellow grower:
I’ve got a problem with the germination of my plant, I’m growing it outdoor but currently in my region at night is like 0° (32°F) and during the day around 15/18° (59/64°F). The plant is still in the germination stage where the first two leaves are starting to sprout, the problem is that I planted it almost 2 weeks ago and it is growing really slow (but still growing) the plant looks pretty healthy, I give it the right amount of water and always trying not to overwater.

What should I do? I tried with my previous plant to bring it in my room to stay for the night but when I woke up it died, but suprisingly they do not die when almost freezing cold. My seed should be AK-48 so maybe genetics play a role in this.

Hey there, could you post some pictures of the plants? Just to get an idea on if they are behind. That’s a little cold for the optimum conditions. So I wouldn’t doubt that it would slow the growth. Also humidity does play a large factor.

1 Like

It’s cold so it’s not going to have vigorous growth right now. Should start inside and once 8 or 10 inches tall and warm outside transplant outside when night temperature is at least in the 40s a cold snap with a good wind chill can kill it

3 Likes

Hey man, I resolved the problem. When the plant started sprouting only half of the shell fell off but on the other side the seed was still holding the plant from opening completely so some parts of the first leaves didn’t see much light and this caused some brown spots on my plant and a really slow growth.
Currently temperatures at night are around 36° but sometimes they still drop to 32°; the plant doesn’t seem to care much now about the cold.
Here is a pic of its current state:

If I can do something to “correct” these brown spots I’m open to listen.

Yellow on the cotyledon leaf was due to the seed shell being stuck. You are pushing the limit on the cold. A degree or two lower and you’ll likely kill the little girl. I agree with @ThcinKC that you should raise it indoor until your temps are finally 40 degrees plus. Your’re results will be better. If she freezes your results will be 0.

:v:

4 Likes

Up the temp with a heating pad and it will take off.

2 Likes

Like @Verndoc said. They are yellow because it was stuck. The new growth looks good. But your gonna want to do something about that temp. Bring her inside as the others are saying. Or a heating pad.

Isn’t the plant gonna freak out if the temperature suddenly rises at night but stays colder in the day? As I said the last time I kept it indoor it died in less than 3 or 5 hours…

That’s really strange. I don’t see how getting closer to the optimum temperature would harm it in any way. If you feel like it’s too much of a drastic change to bring inside then do what you can to keep her warmer outside. Personally what I would do is simply bring her inside(maybe the coolest part of the house?)
when it would normally be dark, and keep her in the dark with maybe a fan to simulate a colder temp. Then bring back out in the morning. That way the temp steadily increases naturally through the morning and it shouldn’t be too much of a shock. Untill it warms up outside. Anyway.

Ok I will put it in a closet with no light and no dust this night and I’ll send pics of the results.
Hope everything goes well and thanks for the help :metal:t2:

1 Like

Sorry for the delay guys, the plant which is named Phoenix now is doing great, the “yellow” remained on the first leaves but the inner ones look healthy and somehow I managed to not freeze them by keeping Phoenix at home.
Here is a pic (around 9.00 PM when it started to get too cold):

Give him this book

2 Likes

You must put your sprout much warmer place, lol thats is a wasted plant, i said. Only flowering plant can take it.

Did you even read my posts? I said I’m holding the sprout for the night at home and let it out during the day.
In my room there are about 75°F and out during the day is 70°F so I don’t see any problem honestly, it gets sun, it gets water and most importantly it is GROWING.

I think your soil mix leaves a lot to be desired. It look dense and kind of woody.

Maybe you can mix in some perlite in the immediate vicinity of your seedling without disturbing the tap root.

Yeah it looks kinda woody but trust me it is great soil and it came already mixed with perlite, the top was very dry on the last pic because I forgot to water a small portion of the pot.

Remember to only water lightly, in circle around going away from plant to encourage root growth. That will stimulate plant growth. Your post has me wondering something; since the baby leafs got injured, and they feed the plant its nutrition for awhile, will they still be able to do their job? Anybody know?

I don’t know but the inner leafs are growing faster now that I hold the sprout at home for the night but for the baby leafs l don’t know, the left one is starting to regenearate but the right one stopped getting new brown spots.
Here is a pic of the current situation:

You know photosynthesis begin 15c and above. You know that little one need light what your sun cant provide yet… Joker :clap:

Dude listen I suggest you to read my posts you are making fun of yourself now, I wrote: At night the plant is around 23°C (room temperature) and during the day usually 20°C I fixed the temperature problem days ago…
So if you are here just to generate hate well stfu or smoke a weez because you are just being ignorant at this point.