Plants getting too high

A few times over I would think.

1 Like

You’ll pull more than a couple of zips my man. I’m no expert and can share my mistakes. I just Started growing autos, and had my 2nd indoor pheno over the last year. I’m learning that not every seed of the same strain and batch produce the same plant size, structure and yield. I believe this to be especially true for autos. The main thing is you killed it brother, nice haul. Once you practice a little LST and scrogging you’ll be able to grow several at one time. I can tell you this because I had a closet full of 1/2 trained and 1/2 not. Followed the advice of several growers on here, it’s a great community! :love_you_gesture:

Only one way to get plants back in track when they getting too high

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, just crazy how they can be so massively different from each other. I have 1-more seed of them, not sure if I plant it after I finish the outdoor plant, or buy some photo seeds. Thinking of growing a solid THC and CBD medicinal strain like Cannatonic (up to 15% THC and 12% CBD). Be nice to build up a medicine cabinet of go-to strains for what ails you.

Do you prefer auto’s or photo’s so far?

I’m liking the speed and timing of the autos but not so much for training and making mistakes and man I I made every 1 under the moon. Photos you can control their veg for height, the rebound after you injure them and you can control them better for scrogging and filling your closet out even. Hands down I like photos, but I’m having fun with these autos and have about 26 beans to play with :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Is it in flower? if not I would just top it. Everyone is worried about stunting autos, but how do you stunt a plant that is already too big. Once it is in flower tuck and bend but you won’t hurt anything by topping in veg. Biggest reason for not stressing autos young is you don’t want a six inch plant budding. But if it vegged to where you want if, just top it…
@Nicky @Not2SureYet What do you guys think??

2 Likes

If u didnt do anything yet get a long string and tie it to the riser and bring the main cola down like a bow tie it off like a foot lower than it is now be sure not to snap the branch. I had to do this on one plant and it worked well. Hope u understand what i mean when i say pull it down like a bow. Bow and arrow style.

2 Likes

Stunting auto growth was stated for the early growth stage. If it’s that tall and an auto, I’m sure he is well passed the topping stage and well into flowering. Tuck, bend, and tie down as gently as possible.

1 Like

This is my first grow and I am kinda a fan of the autos but want to try to grow a photo next any suggestions? Just watered my plants I hate that lower leaves some turn yellow it makes me nervous , even though there’s only two in my whole tent :man_facepalming: They are definitely flowering like crazy now I love it

2 Likes

You are past thinking of super cropping it. You are best to try and bend them down if you can like @Mark0427 mentioned. They sell these plant yoyos that make it a little easier to support the ones falling over

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GNHQQD9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use these hooks here. I tie a plat tie to it. It makes grabbing a plant easy and also are easy to remove. Just a few options

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FJ3QJCW/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_4?smid=AB0Z3CZXYVM06&psc=1

3 Likes

Wow that’s pretty neat never thought of that