Plants dying :(

I’m at menards right now looking at mh and hps (hid) lights and I need a little help

Can I put any mh or hps light in a 250v 660w clamp light fixture?

No they require a special fixture and ballast.

1 Like

They don’t have them here unfortunately. But they might have all the stuff for a DIY

Oh my, my heart just about stopped lmao! You have me confused for someone else maybe??? I may have recommended hps here and there, but that had to be budget type of thing. I’m led guy without s doubt!

3 Likes

If you’re gonna build something I would recommend doing it with leds. If you need something quick and easy, just buy one designed for growing.

1 Like

Lots of ballers on a budget round here, you probably recommended it once or twice lol

2 Likes

Lol @dbrn32 that made me laugh.

@KingVars you might be able to find the basics but I’d try a place that only focuses on gardening or hydroponics if you need it asap. Otherwise I’d shop online.

1 Like

For sure, and I’m sure I have. Probably biting my lip and nearly having stroke doing so haha.

2 Likes

I really don’t want to use hps and hp I found a 500w 100 watt true led here.

But more importantly you guys what about soil. I am going to get some kind soil later on but I want something now. How is the promix brand?

Canadian sphagnum peat moss (65-75 percent)
Peat humus
Shrimp shells & seaweed powder
Limestone (for ph adjustment)
Perlite
Organic fertilizer
Mycorrhizae - gha297 technology

Second bag has Canadian sphagnum peat moss (80-90percent)

Peat humus
Perlite
Limestone(for ph adjustment)
Gha297 (mycorrhizae globus intraradices

Haha no more mg!

1 Like

Promix is great! I think the hp or bx with a little bit of perlite is what the promix crowd prefer.

Do yourself a favor, don’t buy a grow light from menards. If you want leds and don’t mind a little bit of diy, I can get you on the right track.

1 Like

Look above which bag do you think I should grab?

And might as well. Give me a weekend project ,:joy::joy: or I could at least look and see.

1 Like

First bag is probably higher nutrient charge than 2nd bag. I’ve ne er used either, so can’t really say more than that.

1 Like

Honestly? never heard of either and have looked for ANY Promix at local stores. I would e-mail the company and ask them. They sell to everybody, they know what we do with it :smile:

1 Like

,:joy::joy: okay I’m going to try it then I’ll get the small bag because it seems like there’s more for the plants to eat.

Wait of you use led what are you using now? DIY cob lights or amazon bought?

Same with you guys what kind of lights do you guys use? I’m honestly just going to buy an expensive light once and call it a day. Instead of trying to find that one miracle cheap led @Myfriendis410 @PurpNGold74 @Wildwest @Familyman @DoobieNoobie @TDubWilly @Whodat66 @Countryboyjvd1971 @peachfuzz

3 Likes

Just bought an LED quantum board kit from Horticulture Lighting Group (from a separate retailer) and I am certain that it was money well spent (unlike my previous Amazon ‘blurples’).

The size light would depend on your grow area, so what I got specifically wouldn’t matter. But if you get what is recommended for your size space, you can then spend all your time worrying about nutes, soil, temperature, humidity, you know, other stuff - instead of lights. LOL

3 Likes

Grow space is 3 x 3 x 6

And right I agree. There’s more important things to worry about than inadequate light.

2 Likes

My ‘footprint’ is just under that, so the 260w (V2 if in stock) would be the perfect size. it’s 2 quantum boards a driver, and 3 different options for heat-sink size. they have a long, a wide, and an extra long that all mount those same 2 boards and driver. about $350 Your square space might be able to take a bigger light, but I don’t think you would need it. And I would get the longest you can fit, to help with keeping the plants from being crowded (for more than one plant) the wide version would put the footprint dead center for a one plant grow. I think I can put this here since they sell on Amazon too (just not the good stuff LOL)
https://growerslights.com/collections/horticulture-lighting-group/products/horticulture-lighting-group-260-watt-xw-quantum-board-led-kit?variant=8194589425765

3 Likes

I dont know what VDC means. How many umol/j is sufficient lighting?

Also is mA just how much power is used?

1 Like